Our Felonious Ex-President

4 Likes

The road to bromance is never smooth.

3 Likes
3 Likes

They’re not wrong about the hostility part though.

3 Likes

For some reason the video won’t embed. But here it is.

2 Likes
3 Likes

While for some, the new sculpture is a step too far, Katarina, 66, told AFP news agency it was a “good idea” to have the artwork, adding: “Melania is a Slovenian hero, she’s made it to the top in the US.”

Because Donald doesn’t have the stamina anymore.

And with that lovely mental image, I’ll show myself out

4 Likes
6 Likes

Looks sorta angry, don’t she?

7 Likes

I don’t care, do U?

18 Likes

Okay, this comment wins the internet for the day. Possibly the week.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Justice Department changing lawyers on census case

it’s a real “reading the tea leaves” type story… Might be true, or it might be making a mountain out of a molehill

The department announced the move in a statement, which was issued after The Washington Post inquired about whether the career lawyers on the team planned to withdraw. A person familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, said that at least some of the career attorneys harbored concerns about the administration’s handling of the case — although the nature of those concerns and how widespread they were could not immediately be learned.

The Justice Department sits in an atypical position inside a presidential administration, enjoying a measure of independence for its law enforcement operations while also defending the president’s policy agenda when it is challenged in court. Department lawyers can sometimes be put in a position of arguing that particular policies are legal, even if they would not personally support them.

The census case, though, seems to have become something beyond that. Justice Department lawyers had told those suing to block the citizenship question from being added that the 2020 Census would be printed without it, and internally, they thought they had no other options. When Trump tweeted Wednesday that the case was “absolutely moving forward,” some lawyers on it were blindsided.

4 Likes

Gee don’t lawyers takes paths of ethics? Federal employees sure do.

3 Likes

The unitary executive theory posits that employees of the executive branch are extensions of the presidents will, and thus have no ethics of their own.

It’s kind of crazy that these theorists are still around. Maybe they subscribe to the “constitution as suicide pact” theory, and get a frisson of delight when the stakes are raised to such commanding heights.

3 Likes

A more dangerous theory:

2 Likes

So the Bribery Awareness Training course we had to take was a how-to course. Sort of a “don’t exchange gifts for favors wink wink nudge nudge” where the “don’t” was negotiable. We always suspected.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Mr Hunt responded to Mr Trump’s latest outburst by tweeting: “Friends speak frankly so I will: these comments are disrespectful and wrong to our prime minister and my country.”

His comments come after President Trump called Sir Kim Darroch, the UK ambassador to the US, “a very stupid guy” amid a row over leaked emails.

He went on to criticise Theresa May over Brexit, saying she had ignored his advice and gone her “own foolish way”.

Lately not so much a “special” relationship, but more a “special needs” relationship.

5 Likes
2 Likes