Our Felonious Ex-President

I’d be fine with Trump being unemployed in Greenland.

10 Likes

What did the people of Greenland ever do to you? :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Interesting that Trump positions it as just buying Greenland, whereas the Greenlanders pointed out they would be part of the deal as well – and they don’t want to be.

11 Likes

I liked Rachel Maddow’s take on this whole Greenland thing. She said, basically, that it sounds like a mean prank someone played on the president.

8 Likes

Personally, I think the news about Epstein wasn’t dying down quickly enough. I think it’s just about distraction.

7 Likes

Sometimes I almost feel sorry for US journalists who feel they have to report on the president respectfully, at least in a kinda sorta way.

Almost.

I’m with @chgoliz in that it does sound a bit like, “Epstein’s dead and they’re still talking about it??? Fuck it. Tell them I’m thinking about buying… I don’t know, Greenland’s been in the news lately. Tell them Greenland.”

12 Likes

He might just think we could get it cheap. After all,

Oh, Greenland is a dreadful place
It’s a land that’s ne’er green
Where there’s ice and snow
and the whale-fishes blow
and daylight’s seldom seen

Then again, there’s no way Trump listens to folk music.

8 Likes

If she’s deported, the eye-makeup industry ALONE will go bankrupt!

2 Likes

The article MarjaE found comparing him to Jason Mendoza seems really on point. Any time he has a problem, he does something incomprehensible or awful, and right away he has a different problem. And sadly the amnesiac news acts like a fire walk, letting you scramble across a thousand problems when you would be burned by one.

5 Likes

I don’t think anybody asked people in Louisiana which empire they wanted to be subjects of

Denmark didn’t ask first either.

And don’t hold your breath about that independence.

5 Likes

The rain in Spain had a couple plains, once.

Meaning their occupation of the low protestant countries.

2 Likes

That’s comparing colonial to post-colonial actions, though.

2 Likes

Though, eventually, the reign of Spain fell in that domain.

6 Likes

“The only real winner here is Tlaib’s grandmother. She doesn’t have to see her now!” – some asshole on twitter.

4 Likes

It doesn’t make sense to bring up centuries old “injustices” while ignoring the history that people do remember.

Yes, if the French had not sold Louisiana to the United States, a whole legacy of Indian Wars could have been avoided, Perhaps Napoleon would have been defeated more decisively. But-- what if the French had administered New France with the same wisdom that informed their administration of Haiti?

7 Likes
8 Likes

Further observations from the event:

I love cranes. I love trucks of all types even when I was a little boy at four years old my mother would say, ‘You love trucks.’ I do. I always loved trucks. I still do. Nothing changes. Sometimes, you know, you might become president but nothing changes.

No, I did not make that up.

9 Likes

Evangelicals loove Trump because he shitposts.

10 Likes

Oh look, another impeachable offense. How many is that this week?

EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE

10 Likes

Ooof. That kicked up some memories from my religious days.

4 Likes