Our Felonious Ex-President

Tentacles or halo? Obviously some kind of major summoning.

4 Likes

http://biblehub.com/romans/14-11.htm

2 Likes

Origen used it to argue for universal salvation. But this?

https://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/blog/antichrist/

1 Like

But it was Father Peter, the other priest, that we all loved best and were sorriest for. Some people charged him with talking around in conversation that God was all goodness and would find a way to save all his poor human children. It was a horrible thing to say, but there was never any absolute proof that Father Peter said it; and it was out of character for him to say it, too, for he was always good and gentle and truthful.

2 Likes

It’s been a classic Trump 24.

And best of all —

Apparently he was serious.

“Essentially it’s a large real estate deal,” he said. Then, on Monday, the US president posted an image on social media showing a tall golden skyscraper among the homes of a small village on the island.

Lars Lokke Rasmussen, the former Danish prime minister, tweeted: “It must be an April Fool’s Day joke.”

Soren Espersen, foreign affairs spokesman for the populist Danish People’s Party, told national broadcaster DR: “If he is truly contemplating this, then this is final proof that he has gone mad.”

13 Likes

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen has said she had no interest in discussing the sale of Greenland. “Greenland is not Danish. Greenland belongs to Greenland,” Ms. Frederiksen told a Danish newspaper this week. “I strongly hope that this is not meant seriously.”

Before Mr. Trump canceled his visit, she also told a television reporter on Sunday in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland: “Thankfully, the time where you buy and sell other countries and populations is over. Let’s leave it there.” She also added, “Jokes aside, we would naturally love to have an even closer strategic relationship with the U.S. I, we, consider the U.S. to be our most important ally.”

7 Likes

And like the priceless Steinway that Clouseau destroys, not any more, I’ll wager.

5 Likes

“…even if their current leader is a complete idiot.”

6 Likes
12 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

7 Likes

To no one’s surprise:

And sporting an also-entirely-unsurprising lack of self-awareness:

The Republican Jewish Committee sided with Trump, saying, “President Trump is right, it shows a great deal of disloyalty to oneself to defend a party that protects/emboldens people that hate you for your religion.”

5 Likes

This blatant anti-Semitism running rampant in the White House and the US in general really has me worried.

7 Likes

Found on Twitter:

Contemporary examples of antisemitism in public life, the media, schools, the workplace, and in the religious sphere could, taking into account the overall context, include, but are not limited to:

• Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.
10 Likes

So if you’re a secular Jew, and think Israel has completely lost its way, you are anti-Semitic. Got it.

:rage:

8 Likes

Two articles on Trump fatigue:

8 Likes

Populists in different countries initially seem to be allies, but after they take power they start fighting wars with each other. Everybody can’t be the Big Cheese of the World.

4 Likes
6 Likes

As usual, we think it must be a paraphrase, an exaggeration, the clickbait headline

No, of course, that’s literally what he just said

10 Likes

Ayup, that’s why I had to go ahead and have the video link in there too.

And he even looks up to the sky after saying it…

8 Likes

NEXT FALLBACK POSITION: “he was joking”

Of course, turns out he wasn’t joking about buying Denmark or Jews being disloyal to stuff.

Soon we should have the tweet where he clarifies that he is literally Jesus.

8 Likes