Our Felonious Ex-President

4 Likes

Resident Cheeto is a running explication of why jokes and social media are great for people out of power, but people in power should more generally be DOING THEIR FUCKING JOB.

4 Likes

Trump Says He’s Never Heard of a Category 5 Hurricane Before; Dorian Is the Fourth of His Presidency

9 Likes

Somehow I expect he’ll demand more anti-immigrant violence as the price for any hurricane relief funding… and if he gets that, redirect the funding to more anti-immigrant violence.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Trump’s belief system isn’t worth defending, not when push comes to shove, and that’s because it’s nothing of the sort. When you don’t believe in anything except power, there’s nothing to stand on when motivated opponents who do believe in something, like protecting the weak and caring for the sick, bring their power down on you.

There’s a lesson here for me, perhaps for you, too. Call out immorality. Every time.

Even when it’s obvious.

9 Likes

This touched on something I’ve found extremely perplexing this whole time.

Trump does or does something unquestionably awful. Let’s say the “grab 'em by the pussy” comment. It’s recorded, the recording is known to be authentic, the recording is publicised.

Some people call it out as awful.

The MAGAts rush in, with Trump’s a good man, Trump loves this country, and on. Now there’s even that propaganda painter guy depicting scenes Trump wouldn’t be caught dead actually doing.

But it’s entirely fabricated.

ETA: autocorrect

7 Likes

However, the president’s chart had what appeared to be an addition to the “cone of uncertainty” drawn in black marker. This additional area included the state of Alabama in Dorian’s potential track.

11 Likes

Tens of millions of people will still be voting for this clown next year.

Despite all of it.

Tens of millions.

11 Likes

Well, he’s sticking to the democrat coastal elites so… /s

9 Likes

A Democratic president would have used HAARP to turn the Hurricane towards Alabama and Real Americans. See what’s at stake? It’s another Flight 93 Election. /s

5 Likes

Too good not to share as a chaser for “doctored” hurricane tracks:

14 Likes

We have reached full idiocy. No one believes this guy does anything for us. It is time for Bizzarro Presidency to end.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I’m sure the captain felt he could trust the US to keep their word.

5 Likes

How long until the tweetstorm about this one, I wonder?

8 Likes

I traced the sharpie curve for your use:

For example,

6 Likes

“Did I say Alabama? I meant Florida, Georgia, The Carolinas…etc”

Is there anyone, besides the Occupant Himself, who would have thought that saying this would have been somehow bad?

I feel like this is like when Obama said he visited “57 states”. It was a slip of the tongue (or equivalent) just laugh it off and keep on going.

But, I’m sure there are folks out there who are looking at this story and thinking “why do these mean people pick on my president like this?” Even those people wouldn’t have turned on him for a minor slip.

This is the stupidest timeline.

8 Likes

Well, perhaps… until people who knew what they were talking about started trying to reassure Alabama residents that the storm wouldn’t get anywhere near there, and Trump decided to say they were “phoney”.

Not just a stupid move, but a potentially dangerous one to continue to spew out false information about a natural disaster just to try to salvage one’s own ego.

9 Likes

It takes a dubious kind of talent to turn a slip of the tongue into days and days of dangerous bullshit.

11 Likes