Our Felonious Ex-President

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

ProPublica obtained the property tax documents using New York’s Freedom of Information Law. The documents were public because Trump appealed his property tax bill for the buildings every year for nine years in a row, the extent of the available records.

[emphasis added]

8 Likes
7 Likes

Must. Escape. This. Alternate. Timeline. Now.
Please. Help. Me.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Sorry. I missed the window, and now I have to wait (checks timer) another 26 years.

8 Likes
8 Likes

This made me lol.

10 Likes

“Don’t you want to meet the nice lady?” Seriously?

2 Likes

His strange letter is getting all the news but there are about 5 other crazy things going on.

He is truly a scary person and not competent to run the country.

Like this

4 Likes
7 Likes

He probably saw the Botham Jean/Amber Guyger hug, and instead of the usual human reaction to it, immediately thought: “This is great, everyone has been talking about it for days. I need to get something like this, it will be amazing for my ratings.”

7 Likes

I suspect you’re right.

First thing I thought of was when Obama had a beer with that man who’d locked himself out of his own home and the cop who arrested him for B&E (he tried to get into his house by climbing through a window).

But that’s probably too far in the past for Trump.

6 Likes

From the Washington Post article:

Trump said that Boris Johnson asked him to set up the meeting.

But…

So, there’s also a fun game of “Which Idiot Is Lying?”

8 Likes

Are we allowed multiple selections?

8 Likes

Only if you can come up with a reasonable, logical way that both of those statements can be false. :wink:

Since I don’t think either of the subjects hold much for reason or logic, that may be difficult…

3 Likes

The neat thing about a lie is that it tends to be false when you rely on it to be true, and true when you rely on it to be false.

4 Likes
6 Likes

…Uh huh.

Why do I get the feeling I’m being set up to purchase a bridge?

3 Likes

Right? Because in the past we’ve had G7 summits at golf resorts.

3 Likes

Judging by reports from Quebec, the important features are a strong police force, permissive use of force standards, and a crackdown on opposition…

5 Likes