Our Felonious Ex-President

It’s amazing how there always manages to be an almost precisely contradictory quote for just about anything he says.

5 Likes

How things have changed since June 12, 1948:

3 Likes

Tomorrow, we get to watch the Republicans tie themselves into knots trying to explain this away again.

6 Likes

He never heard of General George Marshall, did he? Secretary of State, then retired; then came back to be Secretary of Defense. Excuse my Olde Englishe, but fuck this motherfucker and the fucking pachyderm he fucking rode in on.

I mean, the US recognition of Israel was TENSE, because yes - there were soooo many reasons to do it; Marshall, who was SecState, accused Clark Clifford of turning into a political thing, and that getting votes isn’t a part of foreign policy. Truman, however, did it because it was the right thing to do, no matter what.

But oh wait…THIS WAS A DEMOCRATIC ADMINISTRATION NEVER MIND!

4 Likes

The current POTUS and just about everyone around him has no clue what HST spoke of here:

3 Likes

It reminds me of one of the Pope’s honorary titles, “Servant of the Servants of God.”

I have my disagreements with the current Pope, but declining to wear gold brocade tells me he’s taking that title at least a bit more seriously than his predecessors.

8 Likes

Why wait a day?
From NBC

8 Likes

I lost track. I thought he had already left.

8 Likes

Pretty soon all of his originals will be gone, replaced by “acting” sycophants who would never be approved even by his lickspittle Senate. And as far as he’s concerned, the less he interacts with Congress, the better.

5 Likes

The only reasons we were holding the money was […] concerns over corruption

Yeah, the conspiracy-theory “corruption” thing they were trying to get an “investigation” into. Which brings us right back to the quid pro quo bit!

7 Likes

I’m wondering just how closely the current POTUS followed Charles Manson; his whole thing seems to be “No sense makes sense.”

Or has he been listening to and/or watching the Talking Heads’ “Stop Making Sense”? (like nearly non-stop, ever since it came out)

1 Like

Well they both want a race war.

Too intellectual.

5 Likes

Even Moscow Mitch has his limits.

6 Likes

If anyone wants to facepalm for three hours:

Hour uno: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/300a-donald-trump-part-one

Uhr dos: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/300b-donald-trump-part-two

4 Likes

More on the tax documents story… an explainer of what went into that reporting.

7 Likes

All this artificial complexity in financial stuff is there for only one reason – to get away with criminal shit. I think it should be devolved back down into the basics. (Whatever they are.)

Weren’t we okay with banks that just loaned money and paid interest?

7 Likes
4 Likes

She’s my new heroine. She reminds me of the some of my black high-school classmates who looked after a weird, smart, skinny white girl.

6 Likes

This one…ZOMG…is it just me, or is he actually uncomfortable at certain points but figured he can’t go back?

4 Likes