Our Felonious Ex-President

It seems like a New York thing, from Italian I guess?

https://en.bab.la/dictionary/italian-english/come-un-cane

Well he used the term “like a dog” when describing the death of al-Baghdadi, so it was on his mind. And he has a highly-limited mind.

4 Likes

there are standard idioms, it doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with actual dogs

essere solo come un cane   to be all alone

trattare qcn come un cane   to treat sb like a dog

uccidere qcn come un cane   to butcher sb like a dog

ammazzare qcn come un cane   to butcher sb like a dog

essere trattato come un cane in chiesa   to be given a very unfriendly welcome

2 Likes

True, but calling someone a dog is pretty heavy, although in English not as much as it used to be. But Trump’s neo-Nazi base would know about the older-strength meaning.

I had a classmate once quit a class because she (mistakenly) thought another called her a dog.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I have never seen a president treated like this before. It makes me sick in my stomach that we are living through this presidency and that this is how we truly feel about him. Please impeach the fuck out of this loser.

7 Likes

We’ve never had a sick fuck like the current POTUS as POTUS before, that’s why.

Although Truman got blasted quite a bit during the McCarthy and MacArthur crapshows. He and Dean Acheson got their effigies burnt a lot.

5 Likes

And he just loves UFC, too! I just Googled it - so fuckin’ funny that other news outlets put “booed” first, but Fox says he got “cheered (and booed)”. What TOTAL jerknoses!

CNN has it like this: “Trump met with loud boos, some cheers at UFC fight in New York”

4 Likes

Wow. Both baseball and UFC?
He better not set foot in a soccer stadium. Who knows what would happen. :joy:

4 Likes

“Every year, as the fire’s (sic) rage & California burns, it is the same thing-and then he comes to the Federal Government for $$$ help. No more. Get your act together Governor,” Mr Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr Newsom, who has been highly critical of Mr Trump’s environmental policies, responded: “You don’t believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation.”

6 Likes

Allegedly, Turkish Intelligence has tapes of Kushner and bin Salman, and used those tapes to gain concessions from Trump over Syria.

10 Likes

Sounds sadly believable.

6 Likes

It’s a conspiracy theory so neatly packaged that you’d swear it came from Mendl’s.

4 Likes

Found this in a drawer:

Must be 45 years old.

There’s something about that number . . .

10 Likes

More video of this. Woah.

6 Likes

As usual, it will likely narrow as election day approaches. :frowning_face:

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

but…

8 Likes

Irregularities like people not voting for him?

11 Likes