Our Felonious Ex-President

Lindsey Graham has argued that Adam Schiff should testify in thhe Senate trial, should it occur. Why not Devin Nunes?
Of course this is in the shadow, if not the context of a senate trial with as few witnesses as possible.

2 Likes

The people working for Trump are quickly realising that loyalty flows in just one direction with him. If this guy testifies in the investigation (and, if the House committee is smart, they’ll have him do so), then Trump’s main man in Congress will find himself in the crosshairs. How he reacts depends on just how stupid he is, but it won’t be pretty regardless.

5 Likes

This is the thing - who are these dupes that they haven’t noticed this before? It’s not like the churn-and-burn is new.

5 Likes
2 Likes

They think they’re smart enough that they’ll come out on top. That’s perfect material for a conman, and con artistry is The Donald’s only talent.

I’m less concerned than most about the Senate trial in all this. If Schiff is smart, he’ll pace the investigation just slow enough that the number of rats abandoning ship will snowball, and that will damage the Republicans immensely amongst the independent voters, whom they need to win an election. Both the snowball and the damage have already started.

Kind of reminds me of Watergate, and Nixon was never tried, please to note. In Cheeto Benito’s case, that’s not guaranteed if he loses the election or resigns - he may get a federal pardon, but the State of New York wants a piece of his ass.

6 Likes

It’s gonna become “No he’s yours,” “No he’s yours!”

4 Likes
5 Likes

Ew.

That’s it, that’s all I have to say about that. Ew.

9 Likes

They can make it a playground like Versailles, but with more gold leaf.

2 Likes

Seemingly recognizing how what he said could be interpreted in numerous different ways, his lawyer, Robert Costello, interjected: “He’s joking.” The Guardian left open the question whether the comment “was a joke or a veiled threat.”

Are these people smart enough to joke?

4 Likes

Or like the Park-aux-Cerfs at Versailles.

2 Likes
4 Likes

And Rupert Murdoch, don’t forget him.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT, IKE!
Ike wanted to leave the US Army, divorce his wife, and marry his driver/secretary, but General George Marshall wouldn’t put up with it, fwiw.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you have been following this story, but this is the latest move in Trump’s firm stand in favor of war crimes.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Judge Jackson: TLDR: :carrot: :crown:

5 Likes

I see his point, but from a foreign point of view – the reverence Americans have for the president, even Trump, even now, and for official places like the White House can only be described as the sort of awe reserved for royalty. The way former presidents are treated too.

Compare that mindset to, say, how many prime ministers Britain went through leading up to World War II, and how the public reacted to it.

6 Likes

It involves this guy:

3 Likes

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/american-political-comedian-and-actor-pat-paulsen-opens-his-suit-to-picture-id51157253

4 Likes