Our Felonious Ex-President

I suspect that the answers will become clearer once I read “Invisible Man”.

2 Likes

My parents had a paperback version of that on a shelf, but I never read it. Well, I opened it because I confused it with H.G. Wells’ story. (They also had Seven By H.G. Wells on a nearby shelf, which I did read.)

Let us know your conclusions.

3 Likes

I’LL SAY THIS: We don’t need an extra holiday between Halloween and the Solstice,

Fuck that. We need at least one major holiday a month. Two each in January and February. Or whatever month your shittiest weather sits in.

9 Likes

without even doing it on purpose, we already have a cycle of a holiday blob every two months

Solstice/Christmas/New Year’s Eve

Mardi Gras/Carnaval

May Day

Solstice/Canada Day/Independence Day

Labor Day (Burning Man etc.)

Halloween/All Saints/Day of the Dead

4 Likes

Does not meet the specification. I’m filing a service non-conformance report.

5 Likes

We need a fall/winter holiday powerful enough to distract stores from putting out their Christmas crap in October and having 6 weeks of Black Friday sales. I don’t have any ideas though.

6 Likes

Heeeeeey… Saturnalia!

Bonus points for overwriting Bullshitmas.

5 Likes

Ya know, it’s 5 o’clock Friday somewhere

3 Likes

Ah, Saturnalia! The celebration of a classless, moneyless, ideal society.

That’ll freak-out the squares.

5 Likes

RIGHT!!??

fuck you, Discourse

1 Like

“Beat those drums harder, kids! Mommy and Daddy have to wake up the sun!”

https://web.archive.org/web/20060304015938/http://www.e-sheep.com/Saturnalia/

3 Likes

He gets to the big tell at the end. Trump hasn’t golfed for the longest period since he became president.

11 Likes

There’s a drumming group in my neighbourhood who try to drum in the sun every winter and summer solstice.

I say “try” because there are also over entitled, self-centred ignormamuses in my neighbourhood who call the cops on them every solstice. Like shit, imagine a neo-Pagan calling the cops on New Year’s revelers.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Oh wow, I never thought of that!, LOL, remember the relationship I have w/my neighbors, though I’m not a neo…plus, they do the Lunar New Year.

However, the rest of the 'hood…

2 Likes

I think it matters greatly whether the group chooses someone’s backyard, or some (hopefully removed from high-density housing) open space.

4 Likes

Some people still need to be told this. ~42% of voters, e.g…

3 Likes

Yeah, I hope they don’t really believe Trump is a “people power” kind of guy.

2 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes