Our Felonious Ex-President

6 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/12/04/trump-administration-tightens-work-requirements-snap-which-could-cut-hundreds-thousands-food-stamps/

The other two proposed rule changes, not yet final, aim to cap deductions for utility allowance and to limit access to SNAP for working poor families.

A study by the Urban Institute shows the combined impact of these rules would cut 3.7 million people from SNAP in an average month. Millions more would experience reductions in monthly benefits and 982,000 students would lose automatic access to free or reduced price school meals.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas!!! :rage:

5 Likes

The foreign ministry said if Mr Trump was confrontational, it “must really be diagnosed as the relapse of the dotage of a dotard”.

First Justin, now Un.

4 Likes

I don’t know why this is such a big deal. It was the same thing in 2017, with multiple leaders. Remember that photo of Merkel trying to talk to a pouting Trump while the rest of the G8 leaders look on?

4 Likes

I think, as the ship sinks, more of the mainstream press is willing to run with this sort of thing.

4 Likes

They’re getting this “twitter insult” thing all wrong. They’re supposed to at least come up with something that everyone else hasn’t been saying for years…

5 Likes

All this time I assumed it was spray-tan.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-makeup-brand_l_5de9729ee4b0913e6f8d6e7f

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/12/the-secret-of-donald-trumps-success-bhc06/

2 Likes
3 Likes

Makes me wonder, though: why bright orange? What was he told, one time long ago, that made him think that putting orange on his face would make him look better?

4 Likes

I think he sees Cary Grant whenever he looks in the mirror, so coloring is irrelevant.

5 Likes

That’s undertone-correcting makeup. It looks ghastly by itself – green and pale purple are also popular colours. IIRC the green is to correct a jaundiced complexion.

But then you’re supposed to put foundation on top, to correct the correction, so to speak. It sounds like Trump is skipping that crucial part.

4 Likes

Green works to tone down reddish skin, that I know. No clue about orange.

4 Likes

It’s possible there’s an additional step of a foundation. I do think this is a weird choice. He had enough tv appearances to have had some professional makeup artists apply some foundation and powder over the years. It’s odd.

4 Likes

Let’s just remember — when he gets an idea, he doesn’t let it go.

Between Trump and Trump lies Obsession.

7 Likes

It is odd, but this is the same guy whose hair is that weird colour because he’s too impatient to sit still long enough to let the colour set right. Could easily be the same thing with the makeup.

5 Likes

I hear that orange can conceal five o clock shadow, (but trump is bonde, so…)

3 Likes

“How can you know something so big, how someone — who goes on national television and says something — and you know it’s not true,” Diaz explained. “Whether it’s the president or not, you have the responsibility to say no. To pass through this barrier of fear and say no.”

5 Likes

Colloidal Silver can tint the skin blue, and orange concealer can tint it back…

3 Likes

I’m not one for Nativity displays, but if you gotta do one, make it count:

15 Likes