Our Felonious Ex-President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/coming-to-your-1200-relief-check-donald-j-trumps-name/2020/04/14/071016c2-7e82-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html

The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

7 Likes

“I take Quaaludes 10 to 15 times a day for my “back pain,” Adderall to stay focused, Xanax to take the edge off, pot to mellow me out, cocaine to wake me back up again, and morphine, well, because it’s awesome.”

6 Likes

President Donald Trump has appeared to endorse protests against stringent lockdown measures in several states.

In a series of tweets, he said: “LIBERATE MINNESOTA”, “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” and then “LIBERATE VIRGINIA”.

He just loves toying with the little people.

3 Likes
3 Likes

“It’s not a big deal! It’s just the flu! We’ll have the country open for business by Easter! Liberate! Let’s shut down immigration because this is a deadly pandemic.”

10 Likes

It doesn’t take a degree in psychology to use reverse psychology on Rump. It probably helps though.

Spread the word, the messages said: The Trump administration was about to lock down the entire country.

3 Likes

Please die

4 Likes

10 Likes

Huh.

9 Likes

Not surprising. Everyone has a piece of Trump, except your own country - he’s been shafting you for decades now. Makes for interesting dancing policy, because Erdogan, say, and MbS both have hooks in him, but don’t see eye to eye.

8 Likes

Lots of Americans have a piece of Trump too. And they’ve been getting what they want. It’s not like you have to look to the Russian mob or Chinese banks to figure out who’s keen on being able to dump toxic waste straight into national parks, right? People just ignore that venality because it’s not so new.

7 Likes

The city’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said that in an 18-hour period ending at 3 p.m. Friday, the poison control center recorded 30 cases. These included nine “specifically about exposure to Lysol, 10 cases specifically about bleach and 11 cases about exposures to other household cleaners,” department spokesperson Pedro F. Frisneda tells NPR. That compares to only 13 cases for the same time frame one year ago.

4 Likes

The president announced on 17 April he would be giving the West Point commencement address this year.

According to the New York Times, that came as a surprise to West Point event organisers, who had yet to finalise graduation ceremony plans amid the coronavirus pandemic.

3 Likes

And of course, poison control funding is all for pain services. It’s illegal for them to use any of it for chat or accessible alternatives.

1 Like

I’m split between two reactions on this:

Reaction 1: Awwww, poor President who pissed away the previous months going golfing and holding campaign rallies is having someone (as an unnamed source!) complain to the media about him having to have a lot of phone calls about a pandemic and working hard

Reaction 2:

Also, maybe it’s cynical of me, but I have to wonder if that unnamed “official” is any of the ones we’ve heard of before.

9 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

He skips lunch, but he looks fatter. Ergo, I’m not worrying about him starving.

7 Likes

Damn, I hope there’s something viable to that.

4 Likes

To be fair, I’ve always generally tended not to be hungry for breakfast and/or lunch, and not eating much for dinner, but I’ve still always fought with my weight.

But… I also really don’t believe the “oh, but he’s working so hard, almost 24/7!!!” thrust of that article for a second.

4 Likes