Our Felonious Ex-President

I can’t believe how long it took for him to drive the “moderates” into open contempt. And I also predicted it. The tickets for both parties are so much more wide open than people are willing to admit. Keep your eyes open—Trump isn’t Mussolini, he’s Hindenberg.

3 Likes

The only thing that I think might change the presumptive tickets for November is health issues causing a candidate to quit… which would throw either party into chaos. I’m not counting on it-- but it just might happen. Trump isn’t the picture of health, no matter what the (bribed) doctor says; Biden may be healthy for his age, but at that age, problems can develop so quickly.

In theory, the Repubs can just stick with Pence-- but I don’t see the whole party coalescing around him. Given how many of that group are power-hungry, there’s bound to be a power play or two before the dust settles.

The Democrats would be in bigger trouble, I think. As much as I’d love for Bernie to take over, the Corporate Dems won’t have it, so it won’t happen. Warren would be all right, but she’s argued for enough progressive programs that I’m not sure she’d be “allowed” to take over either. Other candidates didn’t get much traction during the primary-- and frankly, blue voters aren’t agreeing on much now, that’s not likely to get better if Biden drops out.

I don’t want to be ghoulish and hope for somebody’s ill health (although I’m willing to make an exception for Trump.) Problem is, I’m not entirely sure we’d wind up with better choices if a shakeup did come to pass.

But I have a feeling this roller-coaster ride is not over yet-- something significant is going to happen before November to shake up at least one of the parties. I’m calling it now.

9 Likes

In that he’s a skin enveloping numerous bladders filled with gas.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Mr Trump was also asked by a reporter if a president who has lost more Americans over six weeks than died during the two decades of the Vietnam war deserved to be re-elected.

He said his administration had done an “unbelievable” job.

That’s for sure.

9 Likes
5 Likes

What a total turd.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Let him work there. He might enjoy it.

7 Likes

Mr Trump, who has waged a trade war with China, offered no specifics about how he might act against Beijing.

He told Reuters: “There are many things I can do. We’re looking for what happened.”

Mr Trump added: “China will do anything they can to have me lose this race.”

4 Likes

It’s so frustrating. They’re supposed to be manufacturing dirt on Hunter Biden, and they aren’t even living up to their part of the bargain.

7 Likes

He’s already trialing ways to put the blame on anyone else in case he fails.

5 Likes

It’s been making the rounds, but…

Sure, the speaking style is easy to satirize, but I really miss having a President who thought about what he was saying before saying it.

8 Likes

Earlier the US national intelligence director’s office said it was still investigating how the virus began. But the office said it had determined Covid-19 “was not manmade or genetically modified”.

At the White House on Thursday, Mr Trump was asked by a reporter: “Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of this virus?”

“Yes, I have. Yes, I have,” said the president, without specifying. “And I think the World Health Organization [WHO] should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China.”

3 Likes

Reminds me of the Onion’s advice to “persuade Congress to declare war on the hated Spaniards, purveyors of this wicked and fearsome malady, so that they may receive a soundly deserved punishment.” (Wednesday, November 6th, 1918, page 1.)

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Who else thought we couldn’t have another C-plus-or-less POUTS…er, I mean, POTUS?

5 Likes

And he’s a student of history.

1 Like

Maybe he should go see a play and relax?

11 Likes