Our Felonious Ex-President

2 Likes

On the coronavirus response, Mr Trump said he had encouraged officials to slow down testing because it led to more cases being discovered. He described testing as a “double-edged sword”.

“Here is the bad part: When you do testing to that extent, you are going to find more people, you will find more cases,” he told the cheering crowd. “So I said ‘slow the testing down’. They test and they test.”

A White House official later said the president was “obviously kidding” about Covid-19 testing.

“The unhinged left-wing mob is trying to vandalise our history, desecrate our monuments - our beautiful monuments - tear down our statues and punish, cancel and persecute anyone who does not conform to their demands for absolute and total control. We’re not conforming,” he told the crowd.

7 Likes

In an arena with maximum occupancy of over 19,000. And with an outside stage for all the people who couldn’t fit inside.

Sad.

Those invisible “radical protestors” must have been doing a heck of a job keeping people out.

7 Likes

Wasn’t the Donald against “gun-free zones”?

7 Likes

Actually, that should’ve been “lost”, LOL!

2 Likes
5 Likes

And the campaign reportedly crammed them into one part, for better visuals, rather than spreading them out.

And it’s totally unfair that 994,000 radical leftist kids get to interfere with the 6,000 strong majority of the American people.

8 Likes

I saw an article about this. The tickets just get you on the Trump mailing list. Every rally is first come first serve. They simply did not have the turnout.

6 Likes

I think the end result is that Trump’s campaign was crowing about there being over 1 million “tickets” requested, and banked on that with their setup.

And then, yeah…

:wink:

Don’t forget the k-pop fans who were involved, too! :rofl:

I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on AOC’s twitter post above (I know better, she seems to bring out the absolute worst responses, but…) and it’s amazing how many are trying to twist her mention of “teens on TikTok” into “thanking a foreign organization for interfering”… like TikTok’s users are somehow part of the company.

7 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Well, it worked for him last time.

3 Likes

“And when you’re in the middle of a negotiation and then all of a sudden you start throwing additional sanctions on - we’ve done a lot. I put tariffs on China, which are far worse than any sanction you can think of.”

Asked why he did not use the Global Magnitsky Act - passed by Congress in 2016 to counter human rights violations - Mr Trump said “nobody’s mentioned it specifically to me with regard to China”.

4 Likes
1 Like

Trump upping the Q- Anon craziness. He is dangerous.

8 Likes

It’s in Mitch McConnell’s hands and he’s never been one to do anything about anything. Not when he’s so close to breaking the dream of real democratic choices for good. Is that his goal? He seems to be drawing this out to avoid blame. Sends a mixed signal. Delusional and cowardly, which sums up the rich assholes.

4 Likes

We all need to be donating to the person running against Mitch McConnell.

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I always love these bits.

5 Likes