Our Felonious Ex-President

So a few days ago, Trump was repeating a rumor about planeloads of antifa secret agents in black clothing. There are lots of rumors about whether they have showed up or will, leading to armed groups trying to stop antifa, or harassing travellers. I was thinking, yeah, there’s probably going to be a rumor blaming antifa for the sinkings.

P.S. And there is a rumor, see the Wanderthread.

5 Likes

There’s something about this picture that sums-up the whole Trump presidency.

5 Likes

I’d like to note that this is the shittiest part of Lake Travis.

Lot of SCUBA training happens there, though. Hopefully the wreck diving classes get something out of it.

4 Likes

Yeah but Pelosi got a haircut. I mean, how can one even compare the 2 offenses?

6 Likes

Well, asshole, that’s the way the rest of us have felt for the last 3+ years.

2 Likes

“Lovey, I’m getting water in my Arizona Green Tea!”

2 Likes

Well, it’s an old American song, and Mr. Burdon is SPOT-ON!

1 Like
7 Likes

The president’s planned visit to the Belleau Wood cemetery was canceled when rainy weather grounded the presidential helicopter, according to a redacted email the White House released to rebut the Atlantic story. The U.S. Secret Service ruled out a motorcade for the 56-mile drive, according to two people familiar with the matter.

That left Trump with about six hours of free time in the ambassador’s residence.

The next day, Trump pointed out a Benjamin Franklin bust, a Franklin portrait and a set of figurines of Greek mythical characters, and insisted the pieces come back with him to Washington.

Trump later quipped that the envoy would get the art back “in six years,” when his potential second term in office would be winding down.

3 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes
4 Likes

Follow-up:

Last paragraph:

The art was reportedly worth some $750,000 and the White House may have called them “historical” but the truth is that they were fakes and replicas. The figurines that now sit in the Oval Office are from the early 20th century by an artist who was trying to claim they were from the 16th or 17 centuries. The figurines have little value and are really “20th century fakes of wannabe 17th century sculptures,” according to an art dealer. The Franklin bust and portrait were also copies of the originals. White House officials ended up borrowing the original portrait from the National Portrait Gallery and hanging it up in the Oval Office rather than the replica Trump brought back from France.

5 Likes

Art heists often bring to light such scandals of provenance…

4 Likes

Only if the art is found again!

4 Likes
5 Likes

Ted Cruz being livid for any reason fills my heart with glee.

7 Likes

I’d rather not see him, but if I do, seeing him livid works. :smiley:

In a tweet Saturday, Cruz called The Princess Bride “perfect” and said he wishes it would stay out of “Hollywood politics.”

Yeah, how dare we hear any politics from the actors of a movie that includes true love overcoming a tyrannical government that lies to its citizens and tortures prisoners to death, lead by an scheming, narcissistic jerk who’s out to enrich himself?

9 Likes

No Peter Falk or Andre the Giant, though - that leaves some big shoes to fill (in the case of the latter, it’s literal).

3 Likes
1 Like