Our Felonious Ex-President

SSDD

2 Likes

Mr Trump said the Nobel Peace Prize winner was “no leader”, according to his former lawyer Michael Cohen.

In a scathing response, the ANC, which Mandela led from 1991 to 1997, said that “all freedom-loving people of the world are appalled by these insults which come from a person who, himself, is not a model of competent leadership”.

“Trump is [the most] divisive, misogynistic and disrespectful person ever to occupy the office of the president,” it added.

In contrast, Mandela had stood as a unifying leader, who “reached out to the world and sought to bring peace and a just society”, the ANC said.

11 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

I want to die. Or secede from the USA, as I own my house and the land it and the garage sits upon.

2 Likes

I read this earlier today. It is so disgusting. Trumps a fucking rapest and all his buddies want to carry his water for him. I’m not paying for it.

6 Likes

I know there’s a website that keeps track of Trump’s golf habits:

Does anyone know of a website that tracks the number of crimes/impeachable offenses he’s committed while in office?

6 Likes

There’s a supercomputer at the Oak Ridge National Laboratories that gets fed all the weather data from all the weather stations in the world in order to develop better weather forecast modeling during the climate change. It might be able to keep up with all the bad stuff Trump does, but that might push it to the limits.

6 Likes

Readers who pick up Bob Woodward’s new book, “Rage,” and are tantalized by the promise on its dust jacket of “an utterly vivid window into Trump’s mind,” will quickly get schooled in a lesson that apartment hunters in New York often have to learn: A window can be only so vivid if it looks out onto an air shaft.

4 Likes
3 Likes

You mean . . . . not just white people?

1 Like

I remember those days, although I wasn’t flying on planes. But yeah, there was what the men knew they could get away with, and every once and a while there would be someone who was clearly out of control, like Trump.

3 Likes

I miss her writing E Jean is so good. This piece was beautifully written and so tragic. And so true.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this pointed out before: Trump could have used his usual tactic and bought his way out of the pandemic, which would have actually made his re-election much more likely. If he had pushed for taxpayers’ money (not his) to be spent supporting all the stay-at-home requirements – plus done a few selfless things like worn a mask right from the start to model appropriate behavior – we wouldn’t be in such a deep hole now.

5 Likes

He’s also extremely stupid in my opinion.

6 Likes

Well, yeah! Dumber than a box of rocks.

5 Likes

A large portion of Rump’s stupidity is the stupidity of the ultra-rich. Being as focused on margins and power as he has been since he was a child, he cannot process information outside that structure. As stupid as he might “naturally” be, he’s also stupid in the same way as Bloomberg or other ultra-rich: no sense of other people or society in general, and no humility about his own structure.

8 Likes
2 Likes

One of my favorite jokes came out of this:
Q: What did Nixon say to Ford on his way out of the White House?
A: Pardon me.

10 Likes

I hate the fact that this is in video form, for no reason I can think of, but there are some good cartoons in here and seeing them together as a theme is worthwhile I suppose:

3 Likes