Our Felonious Ex-President

It’s like Katie Porter said - it’s not so much evil as incompetence.

4 Likes

Most conspiracy theories fall apart because they require thousands of people to keep quiet. But, e.g., the Tuskagee Syphilis Experiment shows that can happen even in the open.

This one has trouble because it requires that person to keep quiet about this.

But he’s definitely capable of malevolence as well as incompetence.

6 Likes
4 Likes

It’s an attitude endemic to the rich. To the extent that the rich rule the DNC, the DNC is anti-democratic as well.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I fear that even if he lives the second he walks out of the White House it will be time for the nation to heal, to unite Americans instead of dividing them and all that.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Ugh. That is literally the worst. If he is hoaxing he’ll have to go toe to toe with Mitch. Infecting the GOP to ice their numbers advantage in the Senate is a declaration of war against McConnell. One way or another, Mitch will own him. Again. The GOP mask is mostly off anyway so if there is a coup it will be McConnell at the center of it.

5 Likes

Who is going to be saying that? If it’s he and his supporters, his opponents won’t buy it; if it’s his opponents, he and his supporters won’t buy it.

I fear the possibility of civil war. Because this crap is becoming just as divisive as the battle over slavery was back then. Only now, the tools and weapons of war are much more advanced, and not just the military have access to and use of them.

3 Likes

An outside White House adviser told me that a high-level government official from a G-7 country asked him if Trump would try to appoint Ivanka president instead of Mike Pence. “He’s broken every norm so far, so they think anything is possible,” the source said.

Who could it be? If the article said G8, the answer might be obvious. But G7 it is!

• Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • United Kingdom

0 voters

3 Likes

The Democrats if they win. I don’t expect Trump or anyone else who matters to face real consequences. I guess all bets are off if there is a civil war, but if there isn’t, then I expect them to let it slide in exchange for less open challenge to their power.

2 Likes

Most Americans continue to be deeply worried about the virus, and the poll found that 65%, including 9 in 10 registered Democrats and 5 in 10 registered Republicans, agreed that “if President Trump had taken coronavirus more seriously, he probably would not have been infected.”

But, good to keep in mind:

With about a month to go before the election, Biden has maintained an early advantage in securing the national popular vote. But to win the presidency, a candidate must prevail in enough states to win the Electoral College, and state polls show that Trump is nearly as popular as Biden in battleground states.

2 Likes

That damned meddling Electoral College!

6 Likes

This might not be inaccurate.

8 Likes

I doubt most of the GOP are high enough in the inner circle for this level of info, but I totally agree that the few at the top will indicate through their financial transactions how worried they are.

4 Likes

No, but they’re gossipy b’s who like to seem smart.

“Not saying anything, Kel, but I’d start liquidating, now.” You don’t have to be inner circle, just know someone who is and who is willing to help you screw over the plebes.

5 Likes

This is the roach to keep you eye on:

2 Likes

Pretty much sums up my immediate reaction…

11 Likes

The level of incompetence is about equal to that of the moral corruption of the GOP now. They’re making Dubya’s Admin. look like they were B-minus scholars!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Serves him right. He’s caused the suffering of millions of people.

But that’s my anger speaking. As a human (?) he deserves support. But at the level of the “little” people who are suffering.

6 Likes