Our Felonious Ex-President

I don’t feel at all bad about saying he’s already got all the support he deserves, and more. Everyone else in the country, who he’s forced into the situation of fearing the same fate, deserves the support he has been and will continue receiving throughout the course of the disease.

If there’s anything I hope in this event, it’s that he comes through it with an understanding of what everyone else in the country faces and how badly he screwed up. That’s incredibly unlikely to happen, though…

8 Likes

He’s not capable of empathy.

At first I was for him recovering quickly and then getting his ass handed to him in an election. But right Now, I’d be ok if he died. And then whatever happens with the election we will figure it out and get through it. Fuck him. He is a mass murderer. COVID would be a fitting end to him.

9 Likes

No shoulds, I feel how I feel; I think I mentioned that earlier re logical consequences.

If someone needs help and they consciously choose not to get it, they can’t blame anyone but themselves, IMNSHO.

And the best therapist I ever had told me to disregards so many shoulds/musts/ought-tos, et cetera.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I know the “should” sets off alarm bells, but the piece is worth reading. Final paragraphs:

Trump dying would take away the chance to repudiate him through the vote—the first step in addressing, as a nation, our enormous errors, an opportunity for the country to decide this isn’t who we want to be. Yes, we’re going to have to deal with the great national schism, and for that matter our broken electoral system. But to survive the Trump presidency, the first thing this country has to do is defeat him, fair and square, even if he didn’t win fair and square the first time.

And so I hope Donald Trump doesn’t die of COVID, because beating him at the polls will be the best thing for the United States and for the world. I hope his battalion of doctors at Walter Reed give him the world-class health care he wants to deny us all, that he comes through this to the other side. That’s the high-minded way to think of it. I’m trying to be bigger than my hatred, bigger than my disgust; I’m trying to embrace humanity with an enthusiasm Donald Trump has never managed to muster.

I also hope Donald Trump survives for many years, a disgraced private citizen, a living example of the worst our country has to offer. I hope this because I am not perfect. I hope this because parts of me are, perhaps, smaller than they were before.

7 Likes

There is no disgrace where there is no shame.

A double example:

5 Likes
4 Likes

As recently as Friday, Secret Service agents were expressing their anger at how Trump’s perceived recklessness was placing them at risk.
“He’s never cared about us,” one agent told a confidant, according to the Washington Post.

This is good news (not to them of course) but just maybe the Secret Service will throw Trump out of the White House should he decide against the facts that he won the election.

7 Likes

Is he still alive? I’m reminded of El Cid.

1 Like

Yes, aren’t we s’posed to protect the police at all levels?

3 Likes

Gangster scumbags cannot be trusted in any interaction.

3 Likes

I’m not saying they will do it to preserve the constitution; more like maybe some of them hate Trmp’s guts.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Somebody in Arizona is not mincing words:

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/opinion/report/100320_trump_covid_op/

3 Likes

I know one of his drivers. My ex-husband rented a room from him. The guy attended my wedding. We are not besties but I know him pretty well.

First off, secret service people are not normal people. They have weird daddy issues and they are super loyal. They are conservative and they love Republicans in a really really extreme way. They hate the Clintons and the Obamas and spread all kinds of rumors about any Democrats they protect. So, no, the secret service people are not going to revolt. They probably see it as a privilege to almost die for this “great man.”

And I’m really pissed that Trump may have endangered his life even so, because it’s so wrong.

3 Likes

“Trump is nearly as popular as Biden” is another way of saying “Trump is losing”

votes

5 Likes

I’m not gonna count those chickens until they’ve gosh-darned hatched.

5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes