Our Felonious Ex-President

3 Likes

As I read this, I thought it was from the 1920’s.

2 Likes

For then-Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the tricky part was that both of the accomplished officers were women. In 2020 America under President Trump, the two Pentagon leaders feared that any candidates other than white men for jobs mostly held by white men might run into turmoil once their nominations got to the White House.

Mr. Esper and General Milley worried that if they even raised their names — Gen. Jacqueline D. Van Ovost of the Air Force and Lt. Gen. Laura J. Richardson of the Army — the Trump White House would replace them with their own candidates before leaving office.

6 Likes

Quick explainer on the KKK Act being used against Trump, et al:

7 Likes

“Texans would be without electricity for longer than three days to keep the federal government out of their business,” Perry is quoted as saying. “Try not to let whatever the crisis of the day is take your eye off of having a resilient grid that keeps America safe personally, economically, and strategically.”

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Um, I don’t think ALL Texans feel that way.

4 Likes

Apparently, resiliency in a power grid means something other than reliability.

9 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Yahoo!

2 Likes
2 Likes

It wasn’t a riot, it was an insurrection. Sigh.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Klein served as a political appointee in the State Department from 2017 until his resignation on Jan. 19 — 13 days after the insurrection. A spokesperson told NPR he worked as a special assistant in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs and as a staff assistant with the transition team, and that he possessed a Top Secret clearance that had been renewed in 2019. Klein also worked on the 2016 Trump campaign.

“Mr. Klein is disappointed with the result of today’s hearing and especially the government’s insinuation that the mere allegation of his participation in the events of January 6 renders him a danger to his community,” Stanley Woodward, Klein’s attorney, told NPR in an email.

4 Likes

Tough luck, kiddo. That’s what happens to plenty of POC and the poor, even if all they did was steal food to avoid starving.

4 Likes

My Grandpa Gothro was put into prison for stealing food during the Great Depression. But he was one of the poor, so…

3 Likes
5 Likes

D-E-L-U-D-E-D, that’s what is wrong with he
SOCK IT 'IM x 8.

(to the tune of “Respect”)

1 Like

Assault? Terrorism and murder, if you ask me.

4 Likes

So, I hope you-all remember that I mentioned that there were folks on my street that had signs for T**** on the lawns still, but some took theirs down eventually, and that there were two die-hards who kept theirs up, one of which was like a min-billboard and the other being an old “T/P 2020” sign (not for toilet paper, though that would be suitable, eh?).

Last night, driving to Meijer, my son and I saw that the big one, on the corner of our street and 10 Mile Rd, was GONE. The two posts are there still, though.

Oh, and the house that had the “Fuck Biden” flag - that flag’s been GONE for a week or so.

6 Likes