Our Felonious Ex-President

Demolition Man. It’s a classic.

5 Likes

Thanks. I know I’d seen whatever cheezy flic had that gag, but couldn’t quite parse which one.

3 Likes

I re-watched it the other day and it holds up well. Some nice self-depreciating humour from Stallone, Snipes chewing up the scenery, Nigel Hawthorne as an evil Sir Humphrey and Sandra Bullock is a delight to watch as always.

6 Likes

One man, one vote.

On the other hand, if anyone could manipulate Republicans into voting for universal health care, he would be the man.

4 Likes

…“he was the man and he had the vote.”

6 Likes

Remember when we thought that would be a worst-case scenario? It almost feels nostalgic now.

Trump. He’s so awful he makes Schwarzenegger look good.

6 Likes

Politically speaking, he’s not that bad. Yes, I know he cheated on his wife, fathered a son with the maid, and didn’t acknowledge him (while quietly paying for him) for many years. He’s still better than 90% of the GOP.

He was far from the worst Californian governor.

8 Likes

images
Is that much worse the current one.

4 Likes

Adding propaganda stunts to the propaganda stunts:

7 Likes

The pinnacle of 45’s achievements as President: “inventing” a word attested from 1775.

5 Likes

By “Come Up With” perhaps he is trying to portray a sense of “Be the personification and embodiment of”

10 Likes

In other words, he has become the apotheosis of fraud.

4 Likes

That’s how you get Schwarzenegger running against Jerry Springer.

And I’d gladly vote for Springer.

4 Likes

An esteemed Tulane alum, like me, and Newt Gingrinch. Fine company.

2 Likes

That’s Newt “divorce your wife while she’s being treated for cancer” Gingrich, if you please. He deserves his full middle name.*

Edit - why is it almost impossible for Newt Gingrich to behave like a decent human being?
Because then he’d be a Newt-RINO, and neutrinos are almost impossible to detect.

11 Likes

I actually was in the same room as him. When I lived in the DC area, my ex-husband and I went to an inn where he and his latest “girlfriend” (who was all in the news at the time - now his third wife) were there. The girlfriend who had been painted as such a trollop in the press was actually very DC Wonk type, not much of a hussy, in her sensible heels and conservative blue skirt. We didn’t introduce ourselves. Didn’t really want to…

Next, ask me about that time I worked out next to Linda Tripp!!!

(I had all the best celebrity encounters!)

7 Likes

But, presumably, not the same planet.

7 Likes

FTFY. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s really sad that someone actually had to explain to the President that he can’t just take a news organization off the air for saying something he doesn’t like.

9 Likes

Oh for crying out loud. It’s been nearly a year now, and he’s still that clueless?

Yeah. I know.

7 Likes