Our Felonious Ex-President

1 Like

Yee-ahh, it woulda been amazing if she had really meant what said in April…

2 Likes

Yeah, Fry is shocked-not-shocked dot gif, all day.

2 Likes

I have so been waiting for a “trains run on time” reference!

The love affair is over…

Soo, since this happened, I started wondering if Trump has lost his charm with the Mercers as well, and found this:

Isn’t the legal definition of insanity that of being incapable of knowing the difference between what society considers to be ethically &/or morally right and what it considers to be ethically &/or morally wrong? Or have they changed it?

Addendum: And isn’t it an indicator of guilt, the self-awareness of one’s actions being considered ethically &/or morally wrong by society, leading to one trying to cover up/lie about said actions?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Her campaign says Miller misspoke. “She very clearly meant to say ‘victory for Right to Life’ during her remarks,” said Isaiah Wartman, a campaign spokesperson, in an email to NPR, characterizing the moment as a “mishap” and a “stumble.”

“To suggest that she is somehow not committed to defending all life is disgusting,” Wartman wrote.

Yup, pretty disgusting.

4 Likes

To paraphrase a famous old saw, it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to proofread one’s words.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’m 57, and still soooo naive that I thought this article is written by an actual ex-spouse of SB’s.

2 Likes

I grew up in Alabama. All the politicians used to do these dog whistles when I was a kid (George Wallace was governor when I was young). I remember asking my parents why they would make these “mistakes,” and they told me that it was all on purpose, but they could have this plausible deniability when they were asked about it later. This is exactly what was going on. She knew full well what she was saying. The crowd knew full well what she meant. And now she is backtracking to the national media that this was just an honest mistake and of course she never meant it.

5 Likes
3 Likes

So Trump knew there were people armed in the crowd, and the only reason he didn’t walk to the Capitol is that he expected the secret service to drive him there, and he attacked the driver who wouldn’t go there.

3 Likes

I surely can’t be the only one reading that as “take the weapons away, they can have them back to go to the capital after I rile them up”…

Edit: no, even worse. Wanted to take the metal detectors away and ignore the (already illegal) weapons entirely. wow.

7 Likes

He did always claim he was tough on china.

9 Likes

I hope it was from the Nancy Reagan collection.

4 Likes

They really should have let him. He might have:

• Incriminated himself, again
  • Had a heart attack
  • Been trampled
  • Engaged Pence in a mano-a-mano death match.
4 Likes
2 Likes

We really don’t need that kind of shit to encourage others to do the same.

I realize, yeah, it feels like it’s time that the Dems/Progressives started to do some throat-punching. This whole situation is so visceral. But aren’t we fucking trying as a species to get beyond that type of behavior?

Plus, the sight of them possibly shirtless wouldn’t be pretty.