Our Felonious Ex-President

Been seeing other reporting on this through the day, but…

When the judge involved in a case that you’re involved in, takes a very keen interest in it and sends a message that includes, “As the presiding magistrate, the trier of fact, and the judge of credibility, I of course want to know whether Mr. Weisselberg is now changing his tune, and whether he is admitting he lied under oath in my courtroom at this trial” … I mean, that’s… that’s, uh…

not-great-bob

7 Likes
3 Likes

But, but, Biden misspoke a name!

4 Likes

. . . but the emails!

4 Likes

Like all dictators, he’s keeping it in the family.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Addendum: I didn’t know the author of this article was Erica Jong’s daughter until I one of her pieces that referenced her mother. I like her style.

4 Likes

In case anyone is interested in listening in, they are livestreaming the hearing on whether or not Fani Willis should be disqualified from the Trump Rico case…

4 Likes
2 Likes

The total $364 million verdict keeps the Trump Organization in business: The judge backed away from an earlier ruling that would have dissolved the former president’s companies. But if upheld, the verdict will force a shakeup at the top of the company.

7 Likes
5 Likes

The last POTUS that I know of who began a charitable organization for a disease that affected him personally was FDR and the March of Dimes. (Jimmy Carter did not start Habitat for Humanity, believe it or not. That honor belongs to Millard and Linda Fuller.)

6 Likes

At current federal minimum wage, a more realistic 40-hour weeks, 50 weeks per year, said contributor would’ve had to give 100% of every paycheck since they started working about 25,000 years ago.

That’s about the time of the last glacial maximum, the oldest known pottery, and the oldest permanent human settlement of huts made from mammoth bones. They would’ve been about 10,000 years closer to living amongst Neanderthals than they were to living in the modern day.

2 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status/1759668304015151455

2 Likes

Mentions the late delivery date estimate, and about the sneakers: “That is a bold fashion statement. It’s like if King Midas touched a turd.”

3 Likes

The sneakers a fashion statement much worse than the MAGA hats.

8 Likes