Our Felonious Ex-President

2 Likes

I like Mr. Stewart so much. He’s truly a mensch.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I was a bit let down by the way he pushed the Chinese lab theory for Covid with nothing but incredulity that the disease could possibly have started by cross-species contamination. And he seems like he’s trying to be more edgy lately? But still definitely one of the best non-journalist journalists I know of…

2 Likes

Thought I saw something posted about this but I can’t find it…

Miller also attacked the bar’s immediate revocation of Eastman’s law license as unfair, because he cannot work as a lawyer at a time when he needs funds to fight criminal charges in Georgia that are also related to his 2020 election work for Trump.

“Any reasonable person can see the inherent unfairness of prohibiting a presumed-innocent defendant from being able to earn the funds needed to pay for the enormous expenses required to defend himself, in the profession in which he has long been licensed. That is not justice and serves no legitimate purpose to protect the public,” the statement said.

Also, foxes should be allowed to guard henhouses. After all, why should they be prevented from working at their preferred profession just because a few hens have disappeared?

7 Likes

The drop comes after Trump Media & Technology Group reported it had lost nearly $60m (£48m) last year while only bringing in around $4m in revenue.

4 Likes

So instead of paying the judgement(s), he’s got this hail mary IPO that is another obvious fraud. I wonder if he’s working with the shorts for kickbacks. It’s not his money anyway.

4 Likes

I wonder how his approved & signed Bibles are doing.

2 Likes

They pitched the idea of Truth Social following the Capitol riot, after Mr Trump was banned from Twitter, now X.

Both co-founders met Mr Trump as contestants on NBC’s The Apprentice reality show.

In the lawsuit, filed on 24 March in Florida state court, lawyers for the former president say Mr Moss and Mr Litinsky were in charge of Trump Media & Technology Group’s daily operations, but “failed spectacularly at every turn”.

5 Likes

The cause for the rejection, according to the New York County Supreme Court website, is because the requisite paperwork lacked a current financial statement.

It is also missing the name of his attorney-in-fact. Trump will have a chance to resubmit his request.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Greed. Greed for power, fame, money. It’s built into capitalism and pervades every nook and cranny of society, it would seem.

5 Likes

Obviously, Lee Greenwood never heard the song, “God Bless America”, written by Irving Berlin.

4 Likes

At Monday’s hearing before the appeals court, Trump attorney Emil Bove rehashed a survey and media study referenced in the former president’s previous motion submitted to Merchan to postpone based on pretrial publicity. The judge has not ruled on that motion.

“In terms of pretrial publicity in this county this case stands alone,” Bove said.

Jury selection cannot proceed next week in a fair manner in New York County, which is Manhattan, based on their research, Trump’s attorney claimed, reiterating his ask that the trial be delayed while their motion for a change of venue is resolved.

Manhattan District Attorney’s Office Chief of Appeals Steven Wu argued it was too late for Trump’s lawyers to make this petition this close to the start of the trial. He said the proper process is for Trump to renew a request for change of venue if it appears they cannot seat a fair jury from New York County in the jury selection process.

“The mere fact that jurors know about this case is not an indication of bias,” Wu said. “This is the defendant coming into this argument with unclean hands, because the publicity in large part is his own.

(emphasis added)

7 Likes

Makes me think of the apocryphal story about the man who kills his parents and throws himself at the mercy of the court because he’s an orphan.

8 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

Apparently this guy is all over the TV.

2 Likes

Pecker?

1 Like
3 Likes