Our Felonious Ex-President

The Republican party has given birth to something it could’ve easily aborted before it became a horror; but we know how they feel about abortion, right?

We have the Trump Party now, more’s the pity.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Carr’s Official Opinion came as a response to votes by the SEB during its August 7, 2024, meeting to direct the AG’s Office to reopen the already closed investigation into the double scanning of approximately 3,000 hand-marked paper ballots in Fulton County during the vote count for the 2020 General Election. While, according to the AG’s Office, the SEB has not officially notified them of their directive, the AG took the proactive step of reminding the SEB that, under Georgia law, it is their duty to investigate claims of voter fraud, and not the AG’s Office.

6 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-campaign-michigan-town-with-historic-links-white-extremism-2024-08-20/

5 Likes

Yep, MI HQ for the KKK.

6 Likes

7 Likes

So now he’ll look like he’s working at a party store?

4 Likes

Be great for paint ball practice.

4 Likes

… it’ll stop him from sneezing on the salad

6 Likes

I thought the only veggies he gets are the ones they slap onto the Big Macs? I mean, does he look the kind of person who’d even wander aimlessly in the general direction of a salad bar?

3 Likes

For example

“The highly overrated Jewish Governor of the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Josh Shapiro, made a really bad and poorly delivered speech,”

4 Likes

Needed a whole speech for it, and Trump’s able to provide really bad and poorly delivered in just a single sentence! Sad.

5 Likes
5 Likes

The apparent impasse comes as the former president questioned the impartiality of the network and signalled he might even skip the debate.

5 Likes

Yellow is the new orange.

5 Likes

A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members are authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source.

In a statement to NPR, Steven Cheung, the Trump campaign spokesman, strongly rejected the notion of a physical altercation, adding: "We are prepared to release footage if such defamatory claims are made.

“The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and for whatever reason an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode, decided to physically block members of President Trump’s team during a very solemn ceremony,” Cheung said in the statement.

The Trump campaign declined to make that footage immediately available

5 Likes

“The superseding indictment, which was presented to a new grand jury that had not previously heard evidence in this case, reflects the Government’s efforts to respect and implement the Supreme Court’s holdings and remand instructions,” special counsel Jack Smith’s office said in Tuesday’s filing.

New grand jury, new selection of evidence (removing evidence that might have been impacted by the immunity ruling)… same charges.

Trump blasted the new indictment as “shocking” and “a direct attack on democracy” in a string of social media posts. “The case has to do with ‘Conspiracy to Obstruct the 2020 Presidential Election,’ when they are the ones that did the obstructing of the Election, not me,” he wrote.

He continued*: “They’re the bullies! Not me! Waaaaaaah! I didn’t do anything! I want my mommy!”

*no, but can’t you just imagine?

8 Likes

Arlington is very strict on its protocol. It seems highly unlikely that they would have allowed the photo op.

6 Likes

… if nobody goes to jail, they allowed it

5 Likes

More of the amazing state Twitter’s safety features are in:

Why that community note at the bottom? Well, apparently Twitter decided that a link to an NPR news article was “unsafe”:

8 Likes