Our Felonious Ex-President

They want to privatize everything. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I guess the republicans have already been privatized . . .

ETA “State, local, or private entities” my ass. They mean private.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Madame Dawning could hear them bickering as they ambled away up the aisle.

She looked down at the money in her hand.

She knew about old money, which was somehow hallowed by the fact that people had hung on to it for years, and she knew about new money, which seemed to be being made by all these upstarts that were flooding into the city these days. But under her powdered bosom she was an Ankh-Morpork shopkeeper, and knew that the best kind of money was the sort that was in her hand rather than someone else’s. The best kind of money was mine, not yours.

Besides, she was also enough of a snob to confuse rudeness with good breeding. In the same way that the really rich can never be mad (they’re eccentric), so they can also never be rude (they’re outspoken and forthright).

She hurried after Lady Esmerelda and her rather strange friend. Salt of the earth, she told herself.

Granny will tear Trump apart.

9 Likes

Check out @RealPressSecBot’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/963363631235719168?s=09

I’m really behind impoving infrastructure so there will be plenty of overpasses to sleep under when I’m “retired”

8 Likes

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/02/12/585130274/trump-administration-wants-to-decide-what-food-snap-recipients-will-get

9 Likes

Again, not copying the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/AnnieLowrey/status/963427645374517249?ref_src=twcamp^copy|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^1

15 Likes

Good one!!!

2 Likes

Yeah that whole plan is bullshit. I can see the TGOP base getting the boxes while everyone else gets nothing cause they “cheat” the system.

And they call themselves “Christians”

10 Likes

ICE needs to be disbanded and something else setup in their place

6 Likes

I vote for a taco truck, please. Or a sculpture made of old tires. Perhaps a jelly donut tower with coffee jacuzzi in the penthouse. A shed full of water, out in the desert. A single perfect turd, dried in the sun. But really, anything but more fucking cops.

18 Likes

What if the corrupt businessman manufacturing the box doesn’t care about salmonella/e.coli/rat feces/bug parts/nuclear waste getting into it?

11 Likes

A head of rotten cabbage would be better than what we have now.

Jesus will save them if they get sick.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t have an issue with an agency to address importation of invasive pests, smuggling ivory, smuggling antiquities, and so on. But ice is intended to persecute immigrants. And that keeps people in America down, by exposing undocumented activists and undocumented “uppity” people to deportation, and it kills people on the borders, and it creates a market for the people-smugglers on the borders. And the pseudo/sadomoralists use the deaths and the people smugglers to say “we” need stronger ice, until so many people die they stop coming. Frankly the pseudo/sadomoralists ought to be stopped.

8 Likes

Then the profiteer gets richer, and the victims get sick and/or die. I think they call that a “win-win.”

6 Likes

A US religious group registered as a charity in the UK is being investigated for exactly this nonsense:

6 Likes

Allergies? Children with food dislikes? Tough beans, you’re poor, you’re not allowed to be treated decently, as if you were human or something.

16 Likes

They can wash it down with Flint water!

9 Likes

Modest proposal: get marketing students to create a campaign, branding, etc. to sell Flint Water to GOOP types.

Possible slogan: “Flint Water. As raw as it gets.”

Have the people of Flint form a co-op.

Use the profits towards the people of Flint either relocating or getting the municipal water supply fixed.

12 Likes

Call it “Grand Old Party Free Enterprise Water”, market it to GOP types. There would be a certain karma implicit in this.

11 Likes

Ohhh, I like it! I can see the stars & stripes logo now.

Slogan: “Here’s Flint in your eye.”

13 Likes