Our Felonious Ex-President

I’m interested to see how they build the case. It’s an interesting starting point. If they can prove the troll farm manipulated the election, or was part of a wider scheme of collusion. then showing the financial ties to it and tracking them to Trump is a good way to show his responsibility.

3 Likes

I should probably Google this, but I’m going to ask: doesn’t the US have laws against foreign interests donating to candidates during elections? I thought those existed. I remember when Mulroney got elected PM in Canada there were reports US interests had funded the Tories’ campaign in large part, which partly led to his subsequent unpopularity. While we don’t have laws completely banning foreign donations, it was read as Canada being treated as a banana republic, Americans would never let that happen during one of their own elections, etc.

If it’s true about the foreign donation laws, if they can prove Trump knowingly took foreign money for campaign funds, that should have lethal consequences in itself, no?

3 Likes

Yes. It is illegal. Hoping that’s how they take his ass down.

7 Likes

Another woman comes forward. Chances it changed anything???

5 Likes
6 Likes

The intercept (yes, that intercept) finally pops the question

7 Likes

Well, it looks like he won’t have to. Though it’s telling that a white nationalist group would want to claim the shooter as a member…

4 Likes

Somehow, the AP reporting white nationalist claims is a massive conspiracy against white nationalists… headdesk what the fuck is with Twitter?

4 Likes

Apparently the AP is also horrible because it took them a whole 24 hours to get new info and post a retraction.

…Yeah, the comments on that one are a shitshow.

4 Likes

But who needs NASA when we have Elon Musk? /s

Of course, none of this is surprising. The privatization of and subjugation to corporations has been a key goal all along.

4 Likes

Zero.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/965022905850519552

10 Likes

arya-cat-canals-wow

6 Likes

That’s right, Donny-boy, make it all about yourself. Fuck him sideways with Oumuamua.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/AbrahamHanover/status/965194204505870336

I gotta admit, unless there is more context than what’s in that thread, I don’t quite understand peoples’ reactions to Goldman’s posts.

He’s not saying “Russians didn’t try to influence the election” or that Facebook ads weren’t a part of that. He’s saying they kept buying ads after the election, and his guess is putting Trump in office was part of a larger plan. Though it seems just as likely to say that, once their long-shot plan actually worked and America started losing its shit over the impossible Trump presidency actually happening, things were ripe for more discord-enhancing ops.

2 Likes

Mm, he also says things didn’t really ramp up until after Trump got elected – and asking us to take his word on that.

I’m not buying.

1 Like

Makes sense to me, before the election people thought Twitter held more weight than Facebook and a big part of Trump’s cost effectiveness was making extremely regional targeted ads on Facebook. If your job is sowing discord efficiently, then learning you can buy antisemitic ads for cheap is way easier than managing your bot army.

4 Likes

I think part of this was Chump taking the posts more out of context as if it proved Russia was innocent.

4 Likes

Okay, this part I can see.

1 Like