Our Felonious Ex-President

Ah.

I can do that too:

“You keep saying that magic talismans don’t work, but there have been five incidents in recorded history where they have unequivocally saved the human race from extinction. Does anyone here seriously not know what these events were?”

7 Likes

(Yeah, McCain’s done a lot that I don’t agree with. But still…)

9 Likes

I don’t think thete’s Been much love in Trump’s relationship with McCain

8 Likes
5 Likes

I think it was Avenatti who pointed out that when forced to reveal his list of clients in court, Cohen gave Trump, the Trump organisation and Hannity. He didn’t say Broidy.

5 Likes

Trump’s plan basically works out to “pressure other countries with socialized medicine to charge their people more for drugs. Then drug companies will be grateful for the new profits and show it via charging Americans less.”

It’s stupid; of course it’s stupid. But what’s shocking is that Novartis only paid like 1.3 million to Trump to get him to say it. I’d think the going rate for a president would be much higher.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/05/11/610418310/trump-drug-pricing-blueprint-could-take-years-to-build

10 Likes

If we had an actual billionaire President, you’d be right.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Its pretty well known that Trump took a massive hit in 2009 and has been hiding since, his personal evaluation hasn’t changed with the S&P price (making his business ventures a failure to begin with) but other people evaluating his wealth has repeatedly said there is a $6-7 billion gap. And that was before he even decided to run.

8 Likes

They will ALWAYS charge more if they can get away with it.

missy-laughs

12 Likes

Just like that tax cut made all the companies give raises to their employees!

11 Likes

This is genuinely frightening. What else is disappearing?

I feel for the whistleblower. I wonder if they’ll be named and shamed or just simply disappear…

11 Likes

Democracy.

14 Likes

Common decency.

12 Likes

The myth of American exceptionalism and imperial benevolence.

9 Likes

The only thing not worth holding on to.

9 Likes

Yeah, that one isn’t going away nearly fast enough.

I was in a topic over at Ars, and people were arguing left and right that people are traitors if they refuse military contracts, and that America should hurry up and make murder bots before Russia, Iran, and China make them, because those countries will abuse them.

“Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say, you do it better than anyone.”

14 Likes

Just like everything else, we’re better at it

8 Likes
1 Like

I think it may be related to…

2 Likes