Our Felonious Ex-President

I think it boils down to not having to think. Thinking rationally is actually pretty hard to do, and if you haven’t been trained to do it, you don’t know how. And of course education in the US has always been more rote learning than critical thinking.

8 Likes

I agree that’s a big component. There are also the ones who think they are thinking, who appreciate sometime who will “make the tough decisions”, who is out to “save money”. They voted for Rob Ford and now Doug Ford, and they voted for Trump.

The thing is, they never do the fucking math. They just hear “jobs saved! No more money to China! Cheap beer!”. They never see (or look at) the bottom line.

In short, they are fools who think they know how business works.

4 Likes

I don’t know.

Maybe think think making things better for someone different from them will make things worse for them-- a bad assumption to begin with-- and go on to thinking making things worse for someone different from them will make things better for the-- ludja in handau

Maybe they’re into non-consensual sadism, and recognize the government is good at it.

I just can’t understand the politics of immigration, here and in Yevropa. It seems like people want cruelty, to keep people from choosing where they live and what values they can live by, and more cruelty to enforce that cruelty, and more cruelty to enforce each layer of cruelty, et duret ista ratio ad infinata holocausta.

4 Likes

Oh this is a great cover.

13 Likes

WTAF

Best comment: I find this shocking. That Melania wore a $39 jacket.

15 Likes

I think she’s basically flipping off the entire world. She hates Trump, she hates the White House, and she hates being First Lady. She’s developed a shell to keep out all the bad.

I must say, I wouldn’t care much about anything if I were in her pumps.

9 Likes

I doubt we’ll ever know, not for real, but I would dearly love to know what she actually thinks about the world.

I assume she’s as racist as her husband, and that neither of them gives a fuck about other human beings, but who knows, maybe she’s trapped in a nightmare she cannot contractually get out of. But, it gave her a chance to be elsewhere for a while, and that sounds like its own reward.

9 Likes

I’d like to think she wore that jacket as a challenge to the world, but shes not that smart.

5 Likes

“I don’t really care, do you?” is an anagram of “Trolled in daycare? O you!”

7 Likes

You’re all assuming she can read inglish.

Remember “Be Best?”

4 Likes

Definitely a court case to keep an eye on.

8 Likes

Most of the abuses described in that case predate Trump, BTW.

3 Likes

Let me state this plainly. NSFW.

4 Likes
13 Likes

Wilkom
Bienvenue
Welcome

To Cabaret, to Cabaret, to Cabaret…

4 Likes

Dunno. I suspect it would go on repeat in most Canadian workplaces, with management’s sanction…

2 Likes

I’m really sorry but, you know, theatre nerd.

7 Likes

It’s just the html <ins> and <del> tags.

They're quite <del>cool</del><ins>effective</ins>

They’re quite cooleffective

5 Likes

And, that doesn’t excuse them, not one bit. Abuse, like corruption, should NEVER get a pass, even if it is done by “our people”.

5 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-21/farm-bill-passes-house-over-objections-to-food-stamp-work-rules

With Democrats holding more power in the almost evenly divided Senate, that chamber’s Agriculture Committee is leaving food stamps largely alone. But inaction on work requirements could also kill the farm bill’s chances of either House passage or approval by President Donald Trump, who has said he wants stringent work requirements. Trump tweeted Thursday that he’s “so happy to see work requirements included.”

The starving will continue until productivity improves.

3 Likes