Possibly Unnecessary Remakes

AND THE FIRST NOMINEE IS

1 Like

s/Vietnam/GWAT

2 Likes

Shit. Are they going to remake The Sixth Sense too?

2 Likes

I nominate this movie no one asked for:

4 Likes

Oh come on… what child of the 80s or 90s is going to let their kid have a doll like that?

If they were really going to update it, they should have made it an American Girl or Bratz type doll*

AC_SY400

• Do people even give little boys human-type dolls anymore? That aren’t action figures?
5 Likes

5 Likes

I was thinking this while watching the Hellboy reboot this evening.

On a related note, is Hollywood ever going to let the “90s rocker” aesthetic ever die? Please do.

5 Likes

Detective Comics Universe reboot where there are enclosed phone and caption-phone booths everywhere, and no cell phones.

(Certain baddies want to get rid of the booths, because they provide shelter for homeless people.)

2 Likes
3 Likes

A Miles Morales Spider-Man movie seems more like a “Finally!” remake, rather than an unnecessary one.

9 Likes

Everyone should know the pleasures of Spiderman Noir.

There are plenty of remakes that could stem from into the spiderverse, and very few of them are unnecessary.

4 Likes

True.

But is it just me, or is it weird to hear the old weekday afternoon cartoon theme given the big Hollywood orchestra treatment?

2 Likes

Oh absolutely, but that’s the whole point, isn’t it? Compare to:

3 Likes

Zooming text animation warning.

Sequel, not a remake, but:

3 Likes

All of them. I don’t care what film is being remade, they’re all unnecessary.

And I take that back: “Valley of the Dolls” could be remade using the book itself as a script; it can’t be much trouble to reformat it in script form. And then it would be two movies, really. Believe me you, the book is SO DIFFERENT from the movie, except for the physical appearance of Jennifer North - Sharon Tate was perfect. And she’d’ve been able to handle the role had it been as full as the character was in the book. People put down on VOTD, both the book (not rightfully) and the movie (very rightfully) because I don’t think they want to admit a woman could have a point-of-view, much less a natural in-your-face woman as Jackie Susann. She took no shit when women were supposed to eat it off of china and smile all the while.

These movie-making folk need to read a fucking book once in a while. Even if the book’s already been made into a movie (see above), because chances are, it’s been fucked up at least once.

2 Likes

I was just coming to say something about this one. But, I thought they never made a second or third one, how can there be a fourth?

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Can confirm. I got the sequels for dead cheap from some pharmacy bargain bin, and have never managed to stay awake long enough to actually watch them through.

1 Like