Possibly untrue science news

Plenty of cheese in this particular story, but needs more cheesecake. :wink:

2 Likes
10 Likes

Possibly untrue. But I want to believe!

The second half is better than the first half.

2 Likes

hat tip to Allen Hazen here:

3 Likes
6 Likes

Huh. If they exist, if they exist, sterile neutrinos sound like a possible candidate for dark matter, or, at least some of it.

6 Likes

If they’re heavy enough they don’t even have to fill much of the cycle of neutrino potentia.

2 Likes

Really more of a review than science news. But this result is fascinating, at least for me, so I wanted to share it somewhere.

medium

7 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

That man is a national treasure.

8 Likes

Trent needs to start doing this version.

5 Likes

Only if he teams up with Carly Rae first:

:wink:

1 Like

We don’t even know if it’s an arthropod.

4 Likes

I think BANDits use the convergent evolution between shuvosaurs, poposaurs, and theropods to argue that there might just be convergent evolution between birds and non-bird theropods, but there are a lot more characters involved.

Ugh. I cannot click a like button for this.
I thought we were friends. Why would you do this to my ears? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Possibly because the two best mashups I’ve heard involve Head like a Hole played against Carly Rae’s tracks (the other being PomDeter’s setting of Reznor’s vocals against the backing tracks of Call Me Maybe). Given how very well Reznor’s tune slotted in, I’m not sure what that says about his songwriting…

2 Likes

Ending paragraph:

B-15 will be missed. But its fans may take solace in knowing that, thanks to climate change, another “largest iceberg ever” will probably break away soon enough.

5 Likes

More volcano news, but this is different – a round up of some of the science behind the ongoing Kilauea eruption, and what we might learn from it.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/10/hawaii-news/kilauea-eruption-will-fuel-volcano-research-for-years-to-come/

2 Likes

Some interesting and some unhappy science reporting today in the Atlantic:

5 Likes