Possibly untrue science news

Touché

1 Like
4 Likes

Elsewhere, certain plastic containers can soak up and give off unpleasant flavours, while glazed ceramic and glass vessels shouldn’t affect the flavour of your tea, should you add boiling water or pop them in the microwave.

Ok, if someone is boiling their water in a plastic container in the microwave, then they really need to be better informed.

I may sous-vide in (some kinds of) plastic, but going up to boiling temps? No thank you.

4 Likes

I just don’t like microwave ovens.

1 Like

Oh, very much untrue.

One part of this seems to be that pseudoscience is the price we pay for scientists being racist in the past.

2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

but getting the little guys into an orderly queue and sit still enough for it is a pain, not to mention sourcing all the teeny-tiny syringes.

(Yes, that’s not how it’s actually delivered, I know :wink: )

6 Likes

I thought only in Soviet Russia did people sting bees?

4 Likes

(For the record, I can’t remember having issues with fingers in dreams, and although I have seen the “text not making sense” effect there have been times where I’ve read books in dreams without problems…)

4 Likes

So what people call AI or what I call Statistical Regurgitation of Inputs might just be, like dreams, what we all need to cleanse the data entry noise, where the pictures and text are discarded but the only thing of value is feeling less tired? i’m not sure that makes sense to me right now.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious!

2 Likes

GIGO applies somewhat as well, doesn’t it? And how about WYSIWYG?

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s good that we know the cause now, and don’t ascribe it to a “black hole sun” like they did in the mid-90s.

6 Likes

I didn’t know Sol came into being in 1970?

1 Like

Clearly, anyone born before then is so old that they can’t be relied on to accurately tell us about the before-times.

3 Likes

FormerChild

2 Likes

It’s probably older, but people panic at the beginning of each dark decade, and few written records make it through. Also carvings get chiseled through. For reasons.

2 Likes