Possibly untrue science news

2 Likes

Promising, but preliminary, news about the Hubble Tension.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Not if you have cats, it isn’t. I have trouble not tripping over the little devils while walking forward.

4 Likes

Pasteurized is probably still fine, but probably bad news for anyone who likes to roll the dice with raw milk

8 Likes

10 Likes

It’s God’s sign of support for LGBTQIA+ people?

That’s my theory, and I’m sticking to it.

7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

… Dr. Zaius will see you now :orangutan:

6 Likes

3 Likes

People with two copies of a risk gene have genetic form of Alzheimer’s, scientists say

CHICAGO, May 6 (Reuters) - People who carry two copies of the APOE4 gene are virtually guaranteed to develop Alzheimer’s and face symptoms at an earlier age, researchers reported on Monday in a study that could redefine such carriers as having a new genetic form of the mind-wasting disease.

4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

An Orangutan using a medicinal plant to treat inuries.

Water loss on Venus.

Paired canine teeth may have helped avoid breakage in Smilodon.

A newly-described specimen of Archaeopteryx, in the Field Museum in Chicago.

5 Likes

I wonder if it uses bubble fusion.

2 Likes

I really can’t see the hand. However this one is more obvious:

6 Likes

I finally found a movie of the May 2024 aurora without any words or newscasters getting in the way. From Germany:

7 Likes

This is an article about a method to visualize small arteries from the inside. This is to more accurately place a stent to close off aneurysms in the brain before they burst, or widen a stenosis (narrowing) with a stent before it clogs off and causes a stroke. Just the video is cool; you can see branches coming off the artery (where an “8” like shape appears and disappears.

5 Likes