Proposed Rules for good behavior and consequences for misbehavior

I’ll chalk that up to your overly generous and altruistic nature.

Sadly, I have far too much hands on personal experience with bullies and harassment in both 3D space and online, and what I saw within the last 36 hours definitely falls into the category of the latter.

People don’t always get along or see eye to eye, but using sock puppets to vent or attack people that you already engage regularly under your main account is cowardly as fuck.

Fucking A.

I care way more about maintaining the integrity of this site and making sure that the community at large feels safe and comfortable posting here than I do that anyone feels butthurt because the mods “ruined their game” by taking decisive action, instead of just letting this shit fester & escalate to PB-level proportions.

11 Likes

You do not have the whole story because you don’t have information on the private messages being sent.

10 Likes

I’d say not so much “cruel” as just absurd – though I guess it really did hurt @nimelennar’s feelings

The only real question was whether it was trolling, literal insanity, or performance art.

I still don’t know the answer, but I guess it’s been dealt with.

I don’t have to watch every episode of Scooby Doo all the way through.

7 Likes

Two suspension threads have been posted.

I hate being the guy who has to step in and spoil the “fun”, but sometimes unruly kids need a time out. I’ve done my best to lay out the events that transpired and the actors thereof.

I’ve done my best to act in the interests of the community, its members, and community values. I do hope for a return to normalcy and restoration. Dark clouds of suspicion should be dispelled; this community should not be defined or controlled by the aftermath of trouble.

Thank you all for your time and patience as staff conducted their investigation. We all have day jobs and lives, we are not omniscient, so time was needed as we dug into the issue. Yes, some precautions had to be taken due to the nature of the events. Stopping The Bleed and then assessing the damage are the first steps to healing, and the actions taken were in line with that.

9 Likes

closed: see notice. thread will be re-opened on 8 August 2019.

until then, stay awesome.