Puzzling Evidence

Who knew tp rolls could make such great owl costumes.

2 Likes

3 Likes

realgold

6 Likes

boing2

7 Likes

“This is your brain on drugs.”

6 Likes

I took a golf ball apart when I was a kid - scratched it on concrete until the shell finally came off. The shell held a bundle of rubber string looking much like a rubberband roll and a rubber not-so-bouncy ball at the core. I can’t say I’m surprised at the various deformations on display in your gif!

8 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

You have 30 days to return it.

1 Like

7 Likes

Looks like they appropriately cut Texas and Florida down to size…

I shudder to think how much power that’s probably drawing

3 Likes

That’s part of the piece. As the artist says, “This is a group of sculptural works that aims at a void that signifies precisely the non-being of what it represents; i.e., this suggestion of performance psychologically involves the viewer with the making process, provoking instinctive responses to her precarious assemblages centers on an interest in the universality of our biological make-up and landscape; combined with the collective sense of the sublime practice examines hesitation as part of the process of decision-making, where the object is neither the object of object-hood nor the art-object. It is rather the oblique object of my intentions.”

2 Likes

I have no idea what the image for Indiana is. Lincoln for Illinois, sure.

1 Like

Weed is legal here now, but I doubt I could afford enough to understand that sentence.

4 Likes

From
Not AI btw.

9 Likes

That has a particular kind of beauty to it that I don’t even have words for. Earlier this evening, I watched a documentary on Kowloon Walled City and this, despite standing apparently alone in the middle of nowhere, kind of reminds me of that. The layers and levels and what appear to be ad-hoc outcroppings but intentionally propped up.

6 Likes

4 Likes

When you first posted this wasn’t it falling sideways?
Or is that me?

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle: yeah. I rotated and reuploaded.

2 Likes

3 Likes