Random Silly Grins

Hopefully not the microplastic beads…

7 Likes

Doesn’t the top layer dissolve first?
Abrasive sounds interesting for the shower. Like Lava hand soap. Gee, I wouldn’t want to use that, uh, everywhere.

6 Likes

Nope, they’re microcrystalline wax. From their FAQ:

Unilever began phasing out plastic scrub beads in 2013 and, as of 1 January 2015, we no longer use them at all. We took the decision because of concerns about the build-up of micro-plastics in the oceans. We care about the environment and want our consumers to know we are listening to their views. We were also confident we could create exfoliating products that deliver the same performance without the need to use plastics. In our personal care products, we now use mostly silica which is derived from natural mineral sources such as quartz or sand. We found that silica was the most direct replacement for plastic beads. Where products were already using other natural materials like walnut shells, we didn’t need to change.

8 Likes

No, they dissolve exactly proportionally.

It’s not that abrasive, it’s very gentle.

This is the stuff:

3 Likes

Layers perpendicular to the surface?

We’re getting into some pretty deep soap science here.

5 Likes

I thought there’d been a similar conversation before…

4 Likes

I’m repeating myself, I know. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Parallel:

3 Likes

I see. Sort of looks like a lemon poppy seed muffin!

I had to edit my original soapy post as I somehow deleted the caption for the negative curvature diagram.:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Okay, does this remind anyone else of the crucifixion and not Christmas? From 1972.

7 Likes

It’s to make it easier to hold in your hand in the shower.

4 Likes

That is one weird combination.

6 Likes

Not until you said it.

But now I do have the piano version of the theme from Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown in my head.

9 Likes

And now I do too!

10 Likes

Jesus, you blockhead!

10 Likes

I’ve been unearthing and trying to sell old Xmas-stuff, or any Xmas-related stuff that I don’t want, actually.

Should I add a trigger warning to the post?

3 Likes

And fit in your armpits!

4 Likes

Ah, yes, the darkest day in Holy Week: Good Grief Day.

10 Likes

“It’s the Crucifixion, Charlie Brown!”

“You blockhead, get down off of that cross - Snoopy needs to be fed!”

6 Likes

Now I’m picturing Snoopy sleeping on top of the boulder blocking the tomb.

…or doing his WW1 flying ace impression on it…

7 Likes