Random Silly Grins

2 Likes
10 Likes

Took me a moment!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Do we need a surreal-things thread? Because this would certainly qualify, riffing and all:

2 Likes

I thought that was Puzzling Evidence.

4 Likes

Sur-reality isn’t always evidence?

I mean, this is evidence of what kind of madness? ignorance? Wat?

I must admit, I never thought I’d see anyone argue that everything in the Puzzling Evidence thread is literally evidence of something, and that the surreal doesn’t qualify for it. You’ve got me stumped. I’d be interested in more details of that line of thought. :thinking: :smiley:

3 Likes

(emphasis mine)
Well, isn’t everything evidence of something? We just don’t always know what and/or how that something is and/or works.

Really?

Seriously, it’s because of the above. Like, okay: I find a kind of animal feces in the garden area behind my garage. So that’s evidence an animal was there. But I didn’t know what kind of animal, though I did know what animals it wasn’t. Since possums come by, I Googled possum droppings, chose “Images” and there I found out my guess (arrived at from the process of elimination), was correct.

I mean, I honestly don’t know how to explain how I think except that it has to do with the way I was brought up. Science and thinking and figuring out how things work and why; reading lots of mysteries and science-fiction (by all members of the family!) and Silver Age comic books and the encyclopedia, et al. Learning the Scientific Method at home before I learned it in school. Admiring the logic of Mr. Spock. Not that every thing I think is factual. Does any of this help?

And/or I’m possibly autistic to some degree.

1 Like

Doesn’t that kind of work against your statement that “Sur-reality isn’t always evidence?” If everything is evidence, then I’m not sure what the argument is.

I guess I’m wondering what separates the surreal aspects of your video from, say, the first 20 - 30 posts in the Puzzling Evidence thread? Or, why that surrealism wouldn’t fit in “a collection of confusing / interesting / unusual videos, gifs, things”?

2 Likes

I suppose I could say, well, except for sur-reality. But that would be wrong. And, you are correct. Thank you for pointing that out…I’ll have to…er, think about it for a while. :smiley:

(weakly, knowing this is probably not a good rationale): The narration? Owait I said riffing and all. So nope.

I did find it by accident (random). Silly and surreal are not necessarily the same thing, but I’d think silly can be surreal and vice-versa.

Anyways, I guess I don’t think as logically as I thought. Thanks again for making me aware of a shortcoming. And no, I’m not being snarky.

2 Likes

honestly, that’s what i thought that thread was all about, too.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, I wasn’t necessarily faulting it here. You asked about a thread for surreal, and Puzzling Evidence just seemed like an obvious answer to the question. :wink:

This thread to me is more about things that are likely to give others a giggle or laugh than puzzlement, but there definitely are grey areas inbetween those.

Likewise here, I hope I didn’t come off as snarky earlier.

1 Like

Oh not at all, you came off as honestly…puzzled…:smiley:

And “creepy-weird” would’ve been a better adjective than “surreal” to describe that short.

1 Like

Courtesy of my wife (paraphrased):

What happened to all those legendary beasts, like gryphons and unicorns? They seem to be mything.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

People figured out that going looking for them would be a mythtake?

(and, for other puns along those lines:)

5 Likes

Goodness me.

Well, I guess I liked it because it was spontaneous (like most of my wife’s jokes). She leaves me in stitches. Another Mrs. Maisel.

3 Likes

In other news,

4 Likes