I peeked, so yeah.

3 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

?

8 Likes

https://blog.theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/russian-artist-giant-cats/?utm_source=ars-dli&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=russian-artist-giant-cats&utm_term=6988349&fbclid=IwAR0wmzahQtrigIN_BC-30-FLS32b8R6KfNx7uY-YyrynqZ09GEdMSX4V03I

1 Like
7 Likes

On Red:

1. Come to a Complete Stop.
  2. Pet Cat
  3. Fall Down Stairs
9 Likes

Problem: all my shirts seem to have shrunk in the cylindrical direction–even new ones of my favorite make. I have designed a possible solution (and hope to get a patent): The Cylindrical Sartorial Shrinkage Patch, a triangle of cloth with buttons on the left side and buttonholes on the right. Or possibly vice-versa.

It is possible I’ve gotten the placement upside-down, as I was drawing this in front of a mirror.

7 Likes

Women have had that for some time, but I don’t know if it’s used currently, used to cover up any possible cleavage. I have no idea what the name of it is, but it’s similar to a dickey, which is a false collar-insert. Or like a temporary gusset.

P.S.: One term I’ve found is “modesty panel”.

8 Likes

I imagine that would work on a bulging belly shrinking shirt.

6 Likes

http://www.startribune.com/elizabeth-warren-meets-her-lookalike-at-minnesota-rally/556478171/?fbclid=IwAR3ilGJjH_sxvsZGP-XalfJ75dNHqUQoKtJdPWN-vdH5w9YzMOQ7rhefxOA
It really is a remarkable resemblance.

4 Likes

I thought it might be a placket, and indeed that is one definition, although not the most common. Another word for it is stomacher, but the term is probably hopelessly archaic now.

8 Likes

Yes, I’m familiar with the term “placket”; “stomacher” makes me think of William Howard Taft, for some reason.

8 Likes

I haven’t listened yet, but LeVar Burton plus Shoggoths has got to be worth a few grins.

11 Likes

Could you explain what this is?

2 Likes

One of those purely optional traffic signs they sometimes put at intersections for some inconceivable reason?

I assumed it was a play on the urban legend of the Chevy Nova failing in Spanish countries because “no va” translated to “doesn’t go”. I could be wrong, though.

5 Likes

That’s how I interpreted it. But . . . but . . . it’s not true?

3 Likes

The “purely optional”, or the “doesn’t go”?

:smiling_imp:

(edit: I suppose I wasn’t clear… for the pedants out there, it’s the ones with the white borders that are optional. no, I’m just joking/being sarcastic, don’t do it!)

6 Likes