Random Silly Grins

6 Likes

Well I’m glad it was shared.

4 Likes

14 Likes

I have to say that I’m newly impressed with the way trampoline design restricts its motion to the vertical dimension. The only rebound boost to the wallaby/kanga thing (I don’t know the difference) was to launch its feets upward. A lot.

2 Likes

Wallaby = small and kinda stumpy when compared to a kangaroo. Usually no more than three feet tall.

There’s no sharp biological difference between wallaby and kangaroo species; the larger species of bouncy macropods are called kangaroos, the smaller ones are wallabies (and in between are wallaroos
).

By the looks of it, the surprised trampolinist is an Eastern Grey Kangaroo.

11 Likes

The largest species is K. Rex:

12 Likes

Apparently evolved to carry its own lunch on long outback treks.

7 Likes

I snort-chuckled!

Kangaroos are a lot meaner than most non-Aussies realize, so I didn’t have even a momentary sense of ‘oh no’.

8 Likes

10 Likes

The library where my spouse works labels reserved books with the first three letters of the last name, plus the first letter of the first name. The first thing I wondered when I learned that was whether there are exceptions for names like Tom Cunninham, Ken Fuchs, Tracy Shier, etc.

9 Likes
12 Likes

The interview went well. Some questions and their answers:
Why do you think some people keep really busy?
I think they’re avoiding something. It can be good to keep busy, but you’ve got to recharge sometime.

What would you do if a customer asked you to do something your manager told you not to do? I’d tell them I was sorry, but I can’t do that per my manager, but I can go get them for you to speak with, if you’d like.

How would people describe at your job when it comes to being neat and clean? Diligent. (thank goodness they don’t ask about at home, LOL!)

What would you do if you saw a customer take something without paying for it? Follow the store’s theft-prevention procedures.

I will know more on Thursday.

13 Likes

feea489a41421e34

Fozzy and I hope it’s good news!

13 Likes

The Meth. I mean when you’re hopped up, you just gotta keep moving.

Is the customer good looking? Do they give any indication I might have a chance with them?

Laughter.

I know what you’re thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I’ve kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, punk?

12 Likes

Actually, I do. I shop at this store frequently, to the point where the employees of just about any given shift know me. (migawd, now if I could organize them
). In fact, the lady at the customer service desk who has been cashier and served me asked me after the interview what position I was going for; I told her cashier, and she said, “Well, I hope you get it because you seem like you’d be a good worker!” :smiley:

Retail sucks, especially mass-merchandise retail. I feel I owe it to the workers to be the best customer I can be; and if I’m gonna be a worker, then I owe it to the customers to be the best worker I can be. Pagan work ethic, lol!

14 Likes

G’luck!

5 Likes

Me: This cat toy has feathers. And the package says “Fun for you and your cat.”
Wife: If you use a feather it’s erotic. If you use the whole chicken it’s kinky.

:astonished:

12 Likes
2 Likes

Which one? The guy in the helmet or the gal who became a herald of Galactus?

4 Likes

This guy:

4 Likes