Random Silly Grins

17 Likes

Mr Rogers: That is a very impressive hammer may I pick it up?

Thor: Well, I suppose…

Mr. Rogers: My, it sure is heavy…

12 Likes

tng-gowron-risen

Qapla’ my son!!!

19 Likes

I always wondered how many eye drops that actor had to use on set.

11 Likes

11 Likes

??? Never heard of plastic instead of paper for forests before. That sounds like serious greenwashing.

3 Likes

Really? I have.

Look, it’s just an excuse for another shitty SYFY movie, I think.

Oh wait…

5 Likes

Having been a classic Klingon for charity (I’m a full louie, btw, and a baker - Kira Dretzai-Brok, half-Vulcan, half-Klingon, and all allergic to spirit gum, LOL!), I love this!

5 Likes

I think that idea came up in the 80s along with the plastic shopping bags. People would chose a plastic bag to “save a tree.”

7 Likes

Yeppers, that’s it.

3 Likes

And yet by the 70s people were visiting my elementary school – rural and conservative – to tell us to avoid plastic disposables.

8 Likes

The ecology movement in the 1970s was, to me, a great thing! Recycle plastic not by taking it to a bin but by turning it into, using one’s own hands, an actual useful or decorative household item!

7 Likes

That reminds me of… I think it’s The Zap Gun, where the global arms race by convention always includes how to turn each new weapon into something useful in the average home.

5 Likes

This isn’t particularly silly, but I couldn’t find a more suitable thread.

I hope there wasn’t anything irreplaceable in there.

12 Likes

Oh that is EPIC!

10 Likes

I’ve decided she’s a role model to me. That was some quick thinking.

7 Likes

4 Likes
17 Likes

Me too. How can I be that amazing every day of my life is my new mantra.

4 Likes

Just finished a book (well, reference really) called “The Mammoth Book Of Wit, Wisdom, Wisecracks, and One-Liners.” All 8000 of them.

One that has stayed with me was from comedian Jo Brand (IIRC), said to a heckler:

“Save your breath; you’ll need it to blow up your date.”

12 Likes