Random Silly Grins

15 Likes

I have never heard of this group before, and now I want to subscribe to their newsletter:

10 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

Someone should do this for Congress! Is there like some sort of filter that does this automatically?

4 Likes

Step aside, Nostalgia Critic, there’s a new voice in Chicago humor!

4 Likes

4 Likes

I dunno, seems more like an extremely localized version of The Onion.

4 Likes
12 Likes

A Dyson will stop a Dog anytime.

10 Likes

Dogs are funny that way.

They will selflessly stand up to an intruder, but a vacuum cleaner or a toilet plunger is a no-go situation.

9 Likes

In Minnesota…

6 Likes

I wish the whole world could be a cartoon, then things that happen would make sense; because in a cartoon, things don’t make sense - which makes sense because that’s how cartoons are.

6 Likes

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn’t.
-Mark Twain

10 Likes

Love that!

1 Like

Just noticed something in the shower.
Nothing personal. It’s that Dove soap has positive curvature on one side:
dove_positive
ETA: and negative curvature on the other side:
dove_negative
For some reason I think this is really neat.

10 Likes

Depending on the type, it has two distinct layers, too. I use the one that has a little abrasive in it, love that stuff!

6 Likes

Hopefully not the microplastic beads…

7 Likes

Doesn’t the top layer dissolve first?
Abrasive sounds interesting for the shower. Like Lava hand soap. Gee, I wouldn’t want to use that, uh, everywhere.

6 Likes

Nope, they’re microcrystalline wax. From their FAQ:

Unilever began phasing out plastic scrub beads in 2013 and, as of 1 January 2015, we no longer use them at all. We took the decision because of concerns about the build-up of micro-plastics in the oceans. We care about the environment and want our consumers to know we are listening to their views. We were also confident we could create exfoliating products that deliver the same performance without the need to use plastics. In our personal care products, we now use mostly silica which is derived from natural mineral sources such as quartz or sand. We found that silica was the most direct replacement for plastic beads. Where products were already using other natural materials like walnut shells, we didn’t need to change.

8 Likes

No, they dissolve exactly proportionally.

It’s not that abrasive, it’s very gentle.

This is the stuff:

3 Likes