Random Silly Grins

Yes, but go easy on the cumin.

5 Likes

What’s the third bean? Wouldn’t you need to add carrageenan or something?

3 Likes

Vanilla, coffee, soy?

7 Likes

Fred & Ginger did it first, but I think Donald did it before Gene.

6 Likes

Coffee Bean
Soy Bean
Vanilla Bean

Though I believe the case can be made that both coffee beans and vanilla beans are fruit. So if we replace the Soy milk with coconut do we now have Fruit Punch?

9 Likes
7 Likes

This is such a classic silly bit. Reminds me of the sort of humor they did on The Muppet Show.

4 Likes

In a birth announcement issued Friday, the zoo reported that Beatrix, a 2-year-old female [porcupine], gave birth to what is known as a porcupette.

Ouch.

11 Likes

Looks like fur…which would be the only way a porcupette sibling would ever be born!

10 Likes

Do breech births happen with porcupines? :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

12 Likes
  • Did on purpose
  • Understandable (?) mistake

0 voters

4 Likes

It’s a game in the newspaper business, my spouse (a former copy editor) says. She once scored the headline “It’s Gone from Soak to Blow.”

7 Likes

proper punctuation. it’s a thing!

7 Likes

I don’t think it can be called a mistake if the problem is that nobody knows when or how to hyphenate words anymore.
a mistake implies a temporary oversight, not total ignorance. my own schooling was considered good, yet I only really started understanding and using hyphens in my 30s, independently from school. I’m probably not great at it, but I now have at least an idea of when they’re to be used.

7 Likes

And then there’s when they’re to be purposefully misused…

8 Likes

“Let’s eat Mom!”

9 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

I always feel mixed about this author.

On the one hand, great comics.

On the other hand, he’s been vocally anti-abortion on Twitter.

2 Likes