Random Silly Grins

He follows Jesus, is probably why.

The irony, though…makes me want to do a parody strip re that subject, in his style.

2 Likes

Go for it!

1 Like

Saying vocal on twitter is probably a bit much; not much of it seems to have been openly there. From what I can tell at one point there was a post about supporting March for Life, and in response to outcry later clarified that he supports church and state and votes Democratic, which is nice as far as it goes but not really the same topic.

It did result in some of the cartoons Lucy is imagining, though:

I’m not sure what to make of it myself. It’s not so bad as say Dilbert, where the author has gone loudly off the deep end, or Sinfest, where apparently a lot of barely veiled anti-trans and -SW stuff has made it into the text itself (e.g. 1, 2 from a recent mention). But yeah, knowing about the argument adds a dark tinge to something otherwise cute and positive. I guess that’s the way art is at this point, huh?

5 Likes

I think you missed the vocal part. It was rather a lot more than what you’re describing. I don’t follow him anymore so I don’t know what the volume is like now.

1 Like

It’s very possible! The volume is basically off now, and in the aftermath that was all that had been apparent from what other people were saying. Sorry for not realizing you might have more direct knowledge. I guess it better explains why it was as big a deal as it was; too bad, though.

1 Like

Because I am twelve years old. :grin:

Although not the winner, I’m partial to this one, myself.

It’s called “Laid Back” – [with my mind on my money, and my money on my mind. :sunglasses: ]

13 Likes

that rhino one, though… omg.

5 Likes

And I FINALLY FIGURED OUT where I’d heard this kind of talk before - CONEHEADS!

He’s fucking ripping off the Coneheads.

4 Likes

Not a joke, just a nice thing:

4 Likes

This picture busts me up. Awwww.

9 Likes

Calico. Good choice.

6 Likes

Today, I overheard my boss trying to mix some sort of advertisement video. She’s got this thing where (for the youngest children) they line up at the door and we do this ritualized greeting. Well, they don’t always remember their lines, so I have to help them. I try to signify that “hey kid, this is your part” by speaking in a lower tone. It generally works. Well, this video was shot on a very raspy day for me, and I was recorded murmuring in a very scratchy voice “CAN I COME IN?”

It’s really creepy sounding. I hope she uses it.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Even better:

He took in an abandoned kitten he found near their home, and surprised Kaylee with her on their wedding day.

Sometimes the perfect kitten just shows up at the right time.

9 Likes

“weaker sex”, yada yada.

8 Likes
14 Likes

The dumbest Dakota by a long way. The other has a state bank, which is kinda like Florida suddenly parking itself next to Hawaii.

5 Likes

Possibly predictable, but seems obligatory…

ummmm

9 Likes

Ditty I made up this morning.

The critters must be fed,
Get up out of bed,
As they pounce upon your head,
The critters must be fed!

9 Likes

hilarity aside, i think the double-meaning is intended – both admitting it’s a widespread problem, that everyone is affected, and also that they are working to take care of it.

7 Likes