Random Silly Grins

But what a way to go that would have been!

4 Likes

4 Likes

This is Dyson at the vet.

5 Likes

I get like that whenever I go to the vet too.

3 Likes

Finally, something to post about baby Yoda:

4 Likes

That kitten really didn’t want an enema!

3 Likes

It gets funnier the further down you go.

(Reposted with better link.)

4 Likes

Yep; “Don’t eat me, I’m cute!” is totally a natural defense mechanism for pretty much most mammals, from what I’ve seen.

In the human species, we’d be much more likely to just abandon burdensome offspring than we would be to eat them, so for ‘added protection,’ babies are not only cute, they physically resemble their parents…

5 Likes

9 Likes
11 Likes

Experimental Film No. 1 that won’t, for some reason, attach itself in an email from my phone that I sent to myself.

4 Likes

Consumer report for toys from British Primary School 1975

5 Likes

Those dark days when Monopoly was a “favorite” game.

Poor buggers.

Mousetrap had it’s points, but after some young child loses half the pieces, it is lacking.

7 Likes

Our cat Talia meows a lot, almost in a Siamese vein. She sings duets with my wife when dinner is being served. One of them is sung to the tune of “I’ve Got Spurs that Jingle Jangle Jingle,” is:

wife: I’ve got cats that meow meow meow
Talia:" Merow!
wife: As I come bearing dinner on a plate
Talia: Mowrow!!
wife: And they sing, “We’re very glad to see you
Talia: Meowrow!!!
wife: But next time please don’t bring it quite so late.”
Talia: gobble, gobble, etc.

9 Likes

My partner used to sing with LC and Shorty (RIP). To the tune of “If you’re happy and you know it”

Human: If you’re naughty and you know it say meow
Cats: Meeeeow
Human: If you’re naughty and you know it say meow
Cats: Meeeeow
(repeat until the other human has had enough)

7 Likes

That’s funny! I wonder if Talia knows that one.

We once played the “I spy something with my own eye” game with Dyson in the car on the way to the vet. He said nothing till we got to M, then he went meow. I swear it’s a true story.

7 Likes

When I was a kid I had an old Persian. I was playing cards with my dad and the cat jumped onto the table. Bored, I took a playing card, face-down, and placed it in front of my cat. “If he turns his head left, it’s red. If he turns his head right, black.” He turned his head left and the card was red. Next card, head right, card was black. I did this five times, each time the card was correct. My dad, a physicist, “You better stop that.”

14 Likes

That’s how black holes form, I think.

Speaking of black:

Do the words “orcas” and “Oreo” cookies come from the same root? They’re both black and white.

5 Likes

hmm, this is interesting – i sing to our cats when i feed them, too. usually it’s just some stream of consciousness babble to whatever tune has been going through my head all day (the Jetsons theme song is a favorite), typically about whatever flavor the food happens to be (“Who wants dinner? bada-buh-bada-buh-badabuhbada-duh-badabuhbadabada! Tuna and salmon! Super stinky!” etc etc.

i have no idea if they like it, but it make me laugh, so there’s that.

8 Likes

I think that’s the whole point!

4 Likes