Random Silly Grins

Tell that to a movie studios shareholders.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Too close to home?

3 Likes

Hilarity in zero sensible words.

10 Likes

And the original version…
From Italian film composer Piero Umiliani for the exploitation film Sweden Heaven and Hell. Used during the sauna scene from what I have read.

ETA a clip of the scene…

9 Likes

They’re not sweating. They’re not even glowing. Fake news!

8 Likes

And it even somewhat ties into the previous share, which wasn’t planned… :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks, I’ll stick to hair products.

9 Likes
14 Likes

My fave from the comments:

13 Likes

That’s right up there with a more recent editorial from the Globe and Mail’s entire editorial team, saying they were officially against torrenting, on the grounds that it “uses up too much bandwidth”, and demonstrating in the process they had no idea what bandwidth actually was.

They got a lot of letters to the editor over that one, informing them that a) there is such a thing as legal torrents and b) someone spending the afternoon watching cat videos uses far more bandwidth than someone torrenting a new OS image.

Don’t know if they officially retracted or not, but they should have.

8 Likes

We had to follow a tanker labeled “Sewage Only” on the road today.
Me: I really dislike following a sewage truck.
Wife: Don’t rear end him. Heh heh heh heh heh.

9 Likes

Something something Santorum…

8 Likes

What is the worst that could happen?

6 Likes

If we put our heads together we might be able to top that. Oh dear, that pun was not intentional!

4 Likes

In disdainful George Sanders voice: “Not so much a torrent but rather an absolute shower.”

(Does anyone get that?)

2 Likes

I’m part of a secret Santa exchange with fans of HP Lovecraft. Here is the cover letter I wrote.

Dear Professor,

The Arctic expedition funded by your generous endowment was a resounding success! We were able to make preliminary excavations of the Nordic longhouse at 90 degrees North, by 135 degrees West.

So far we have recovered eight almost complete skeletons of rangifer tarandus who were stunted in size, (diet lacking nutrients in the tundra?) Likewise we have discovered multiple mummified corpses, also stunted, bearing signs they were journey men of some sort because they were buried with hammers and chisels. The remnants of furniture in the interior show vast tables riddled with worm holes. Evidence suggests they had celebrations similar to the Pacific Northwest tribes, Pow Wows, or exchange of gifts.

What concerns me is the alter and runes at the head of the table. It speaks of an all-father who brings bounty when the sun as at its nadir. He holds judgement on his believers. Those who follow with complete faith are rewarded with great riches. Those who question him are cast underground to work in the coal mines. There is a crude carving of an eye in his forehead symbolizing that he is all seeing and knowing whither it be day or dusk. Even in my durable seal-skin parka, I get the shivers.

I wish you and your family well. I offer an extra ration of gin to my colleagues in your honor. If the ice lets up, we should see at Spring semester with a show of my findings. Wait… what’s that clatter I am hearing?

From Carl Lohling, Miskatonic University Steward:
Post recovered from the belongings of Captain [Name Witheld] on the SS Virginia. Also enclosed were packages addressed to you. Ship was ravaged by ice. Crew missing. Possible polar bear attack.

11 Likes

Love the Wotan allusion. And the rest!

6 Likes

When the biometric unlock feature on your phone fails:

14 Likes

Offering your phone gold nuggets is unlikely to help matters. And eating your phone is a very bad idea.

5 Likes