Random Silly Grins

So kind of what he said… They’re promoting it as a reality show for cats? Which it kinda is, but…

I think the thing about the play is that it’s amazing stagecraft… But that’s exactly why the trailers are leaving me absolutely not interested.

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

i actually hope the movie is fantastic and becomes the movie of the year, just so the internet will lose its mind.

4 Likes

Don’t worry Lady Dench and Sir McKellen, you may think it looks undignified in green screen but it will look FABOULOUS in post.

4 Likes
13 Likes

poor Beth.

7 Likes

I never knew there was a link between acne and narcissism :thinking:.

7 Likes

I sure hope that was written for effect, and not that the author is a selfish idiot.

5 Likes

I dare say it was merely humor, with maybe subtext about certain political personages in the US?

4 Likes

Pretty sure it’s as the tag cloud says: ‘satire’, ‘humor’ Here’s one of the author’s recent tweets:

13 Likes

Yup. And my favourite part of a fiction writing workshop is when I have to explain that not every male-female pair of characters is having sex. Some of them, sure. But not all of them.

9 Likes

Thread:

16 Likes

All doorways have a cat-temporal-inhibition field. Going up to the door and meowing is easy. After she goes through the door, walking away is easy. It’s when part of her body is actually within the doorway that the field activates and slows the cat down to a snail’s pace.

The military is interested.

9 Likes

17 Likes

(Ok, most of the grins are looking at the responses. :wink: )

5 Likes

I tried showing that film to my kids. They hated it. Maybe they were too old?

3 Likes

Too soon!

3 Likes

They’re obviously defective, you should send them back for replacement.

:wink:

It probably does partly depend on age, but there’s also bits of the movie that aren’t great (I don’t think I really ever liked most of the Bastian bits, actually, and the “naming” scene is a mess). Still think the rest holds up fairly well. I’m still annoyed that there never ended up being much of a treatment of the really dark path things take after the naming - the sequel movie had some, but overall it wasn’t really explored… and it’s probably best not to speak of the sequel, anyways.

4 Likes

Neither I nor my brothers ever got into it either. I think in our case it partly has to do with having a revulsion to anything which is overly hyped. If I never hear that Phil Oakley song again, it will still be too soon.

No accounting for taste, etc.

5 Likes