Random Silly Grins

Wasn’t written on the label like that, but if it had been, I’m sure they’d be petitioning for its ban.

6 Likes

11 Likes

He forgot his safe word.

“Lemur alone.”

I’ll close the door etc.

13 Likes

Lemur, the merrier, I always say.

9 Likes

You win.:laughing:

6 Likes

Cool! What happens now?

6 Likes

I buy you an invisible bottle of scotch. See? I already have. It’s over there.

9 Likes

There is no invisible scotch. Someone sold you vodka.

9 Likes

11 Likes
8 Likes

He so cute!

8 Likes

This Twitter bio starts out so chirpy that I really was not expecting the last sentence. LOL!
sr

8 Likes

4 Likes

So I don’t know a lot about philosophy but someone made this one, too.

Apparently the joke originates here

4 Likes

i don’t know where this came from, or if it’s new or old or what, but it’s new to me and i’ve been chuckling about it all day:

21 Likes

Faceblind. Help me out here?

I am totally the type to pull into the drive through, order a black coffee, and drive off to the sound of small children crying.

6 Likes

Depending on my mood, I’d do that, and I wouldn’t even be able to drink the coffee.

9 Likes

I think bottom row, third from the left is Mark Hamill. To his left is the guy who played Brody on Homeland.

Black and white image near the middle of the left edge, I think is Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes, and the guy immediately to his right is that guy from the Office.

Have I made the Philosophy majors cry yet?

5 Likes

And who could forget Wilford Brimley there in the middle, or the Six Flags old man dancer in the bottom right?

I think the one you said is “that guy from the Office” looks a lot like Leonardo DiCaprio after growing out his mustache a bit more, though.

3 Likes

Well, the peak “we have food at home” guy is Marx, which matches philosophically but is also probably ironic considering his 3 children died of malnutrition while he was researching Kapital (or maybe that’s a smear? anyway, that’s the joke, I think.) I know even less about the rest and only recognize a few. under Marx to the right might be Heidegger? Lenin is 2 straight down from Marx. Evola is halfway down on the right, the 3/4 profile. The oil painting to his far right is Adam Smith. The contemporary pop-philosophers Nick Land and Zizek are center and right in the “black coffee” grouping. I think Land is an accelerationist? I don’t really know. Zizek is… almost a self-parody in terms of mannerisms but apparently his phil is sound. His schtick seems very PoMo to me but I think his background is Marxist, though.

@Franko:

4 Likes