Random Silly Grins

Well that sucks! Was it from the bad weather on your B-day?

4 Likes

Yep.

But there’s a new video from “True Facts”!

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

everything about this makes sense to me except the backup dudes. what in the hell are they doing, and whyyyyyyy? also, these are the best outfits. those flares!

1 Like

Dig those bell bottoms!

1 Like

I haven’t heard this since the 70s. Now I’ll have it stuck in my head all day.

I can only say the blonde guy is the “white dove.”

I have the Slim Whitman earworm, thankfully

1 Like

Gasp!

This is the version from my childhood:

ahhh, that helps
 i think. their part still seems so conflicting to the music and other visuals, though. they are tossing him around and he’s flailing like he’s having trouble flying – he’s not this graceful thing it’s almost like they are trolling, but obviously they can’t be.

1 Like

I CALL CAMP
but only in the US.

1 Like

Face it, without the Dacron bellbottoms you’ll just never understand.

2 Likes

Would parachute pants get you partway there?

Not that I have any

2 Likes

Mylar. Dacron can’t be that shiny.

1 Like

SOME DAY I WILL HAVE THOSE PANTS
shakes fist

4 Likes

From the close-ups, the singer’s costume looks like it’s textured, with occasional flashes as the camera moves. So
 sequins?

These look
 close. Not the full suit, but you just said pants

https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A345118.html

:smiley:

2 Likes

those are great – not peak 70s fashion great, but still.

2 Likes
8 Likes

So, when my son’s asleep and I go out or when both of us go out, I turn a battery-powered radio on to discourage break-ins (according to former thieves, they won’t take a chance on robbing a place if they hear sound coming out of the house). I always leave in on WRCJ-FM/90.9, the classical and jazz station sponsored by Detroit Public Television and Detroit Public Schools.

Upon returning home after a somewhat-stressful trip to Meijer and entering my kitchen, I was greeted with a huge round of applause; and even though I knew it was the end of a live recording, I gave my thank-yous and took my bows.

13 Likes