Random Silly Grins

From the to-be-aired Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Poultry”

14 Likes

Okay, I just ASKED in a comment on a “Mannix” episode in which Lloyd Bochner was the bad guy if he’d ever played a good guy, and that I didn’t think “To Serve Man” would count. I also found out he was Canadian, which I did not know.

Also, I recently re-read an okay bio of Mr. Serling.

5 Likes

And if it were “To Serve Cat” - it would be an obedience manual.

4 Likes

An obedience manual with whole sections on meat tenderization and luthiing. Luthiering? Banjo-making.

2 Likes

Or the old meme…

chicken

5 Likes

Written by dogs, I expect? Or mice/rats? Fish? Moths?

1 Like

I posted this on FB as well, on my timeline and on the page of the radio station. And they commented thusly: “That wasn’t the end of a recording, that was all for you Lucy. Congratulations on a successful grocery run!”

Isn’t that just too sweet?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is really good, or really bad, or is it a camp?

2 Likes

I think it’s good. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s so hard for me to judge how I sound, especially when it’s from five years ago.

Fun (?) fact: The seated guitarist is the guy who said “it’s not that simple”.

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes

Turkeys would be interesting as well. Tee-hee, too bad we can’t put 'em on the one that may get pardoned (who knows this year)?

Oh geez, I just typed in “turkey with trex arms” and this came up, like second or third on the list:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/was-tyrannosaurus-a-big-turkey-764012/

1 Like
2 Likes

Soy sauce?
Worcestershire sauce?

2 Likes

The black oil from the X-Files.

4 Likes

I’m in agreement that it’s probably some late-minute touch-up done with something like mascara rather than an actual hair dye. Unless he applied it himself and didn’t let it set properly or wash it out afterward. But definitely not a permanent dye, and not professionally done.

I remember mascara streaking down my face when I got contacts (it made me stop wearing mascara…high school students can be brutal), but in the intervening decades there are now plenty of waterproof mascaras. Did he really use Maybelline Great Lash, in the neon pink and green container?

Note: I have never dyed my hair, but I have several friends who are hairdressers and who have taught me lots of things over the years. Obviously they would look at this sort of thing from the viewpoint of a professional, not a clueless political hack, so there is that to consider.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t that mainly be in the eyes? It’s been a while…

Or just a normal sign that The Ultimate Evil is approaching.

unnamed

6 Likes