Random Silly Grins

Take these facts for what they are worth: I was not a fan of Gilbert Gottfried before this podcast. I wrote to the co-host (anchor, researcher) Frank Santopadre and he replied he was grateful for the letter. Gilbert Gottfried has an amazingly fast mind. I am a fan now because of what I learn and the repetition of the injokes (see “Freedom From Seriousness” above) and GG and FS and their show editors know how to make interview subjects shine.

3 Likes

To each their own, I expect.

Does anyone remember a routine by Jeff Garlin, done early in his career and that was aired on HBO, where he relates a story about selling “soap that feels just lahk buttah!” to his mother over the phone, as well as annoying his father by calling himself a “pretty little Pop-Tart princess”?

1 Like

Okay, this is…like…Canadian and American and 1971 and Screen Gems and you really can’t make shit like this up.
Bad print warning.

1 Like

Now I kind of want a reversible sign for laundry hampers: Blessed Laundry / Cursed Laundry

8 Likes
12 Likes

Looking at that, I can see why I was bedazzled by the 1970s “Definition” game show with Jim Perry:
“Soul Bossa Nova” by Quincy Jones, and the flashing light bulbs: daring panache from a young and sassy nation.

3 Likes

Oh gosh, Jim Perry - when my mom was still lucid, she LOVED watching reruns of him hosting “Card Sharks”!

1 Like

This really makes me feel good; this park is named after my late great-uncle Lee Thurston.

4 Likes

This is about as random as it gets.

See if you can recognize who is playing “P. T. Mindslap” in this clip below:

I had to check the ending credits and I’m still not sure.

3 Likes

Mark Hamill.

1 Like

I’m going to ask that all answers should be “spoilered.”

spoiler

And, to go with it…

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Jim Perry’s in this one.
2 Likes

why’s his name on a keyboard stand?

oh.
pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty good.

1 Like

7 Likes

I love it.

I don’t know if we’re going to put up a tree or not, what with Sugarplum now inhabiting the house with us.

1 Like

I’m not at all sure whether this fits more here or in Puzzling Evidence…

9 Likes

Hey, you know what happens to a crustacean with an education…

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Browse/Search:hermit%20crab%20reading

3 Likes

This popped up in my memories.

From 2011, Biggby’s, Madison Heights, MI.

1 Like