Random Silly Grins

2 Likes

ZOMG - one of my FB friends commented with this same clip on my duplipost on FB. He put it there an hour ago, but he lives in TX - time diff, mebbe eh?

1 Like

And you ASKED for this, bubby! (Bonus: Guess which line is my favorite? Hint - it’s not spoken by one of the Scots or the bagpipes!)

2 Likes

The mustard blazers on both the brothers are the cherry on top.

2 Likes

My fave line includes the Highland Fling.

An unprompted call from a good friend, and another good friend telling my son to buy me a pastry are putting me on the upswing. I may watch any of the surefire comedies people who know me well suggested. If none of those restores me I may have to rely on this guy, a superhero of smiles from a pandemic-century ago…

Comedy Nerdette Squee Potential, you are warned

Charles Chaplin as Superman

3 Likes

Mine is “Don’t eat that bagpipe - it’s not dead yet!”
(I hear that in my head as read by Graham Chapman as the Colonel.)

2 Likes

Episode No. 2
The first Thanksgiving-themed episode.

It’s so early that,

• Joel has long hair
  • Crow’s beak barely moves
  • Servo talks like Deputy Dog or something
  • Gypsum has feet
  • They have no idea what they’re doing

This is from the original tapes, not VHS.

5 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.art.com/products/p9388042598-sa-i5447085/norman-rockwell-dewey-v-truman-saturday-evening-post-cover-october-30-1948.htm?upi=PC71E40&PODConfigID=8880730

I’ve not seen this before. But I was raised with works about and by both men, so…:smiley:

3 Likes

I saw MST3K when it first aired on UHF in college. Watching “City in Fire” and wondering who was talking over the movie and is that a dog shadow on the bottom?

2 Likes

Never seen that either. If it were more well known (like Truman holding the paper with the headline “Dewey Beats Truman”) it would no doubt be used in political cartoons.

We once got this paperback but my history knowledge is too weak to enjoy it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

FreedomFromSeriousness

Yes, I know only one other person is going to get this. If there were one other person in my household who got this I might not be sharing. If you don’t get this but would like to, I recommend listening to a few episodes of Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast, especially if you’re in need of a few laughs and have a bent for comedy and entertainment long gone by.

3 Likes

Yeah

Aaron Burr is elected the third president in 1800 against Thomas Jefferson, establishes an alliance with Napoleon Bonaparte, and creates a family dictatorship. Aaron Burr serves as president for nine terms until his death on September 14, 1836. His grandson and final vice president Aaron Burr Alston becomes the fourth president of the United States.

sounds like a subtle change, only noticeable to readers who read footnotes.

5 Likes

I cannot STAND him any more. Like his verbal assaults against Shecky Greene; granted, not the greatest of comics, but he is a font of stories about the old days, if nothing else.

And he just got snotty after he got more and more famous, IMNSHO; I remember when he was just doing stuff like “VH1 Stand-Up Spotlight” and he did this bit about Nostradamus and not going to the movies with him 'cause he always tells you the ending, shtik like that.

See, I’d have Burns and Allen at the head of the table - but that’s just me (Gracie, not Fred…although I do like Fred Allen’s work a great deal.)

1 Like

If you don’t enjoy this, then I will do my best to cheerfully make up for your wasted time in the future. (SPOILER: The Penguin is in it - and I don’t mean Burgess Meredith or Danny DeVito!)

The rest of the film is just as fucking good.

3 Likes

Oh fuck, here it is.
And STEINBECK - sweet jumpin’ salmon!

One of the many books that got lugged over from our house in Detroit, that I remember being in this one bookcase most of my early life:
WIN_20201126_21_01_46_Pro WIN_20201126_21_02_36_Pro

4 Likes

Flashy/sparkly in title of intro screen. SPOILER: It is NOT about a puppy that is part-alligator who performs rescues.

AND HE DIDN’T DROP HIS CIGAR!
2 Likes

We stopped by a Dollar Tree to pick up some crafting stuff and in the “Inspirational Sign” section was this seeming random pairing of signs. Those are the only two options. Blessed. Laundry. Two whole flats of them.

And then just down the shelf was this pricing conundrum.

9 Likes

stained clothes and sinful souls.

2 Likes