Random Silly Grins

For me it’s “juicy” especially when applied to anything except fruit. The first time I heard of a juicy lucy, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

5 Likes

i don’t hate either one. in fact, i use moist now more on purpose, to get people used to it again.

what about Luscious Jackson?

4 Likes

Good! My comment was more of a joke than anything else. The similarity to moist occurred to me when I read “for a luscious head of hair” on a shampoo bottle. I mean, really.

3 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention – I listened to the Luscious Jackson music. Well done, but not really my cup of tea.

1 Like

different strokes, i get it, but oh man, they were great. their drummer, Kate Shellenbach, was one of the original members of the Beastie Boys, too.

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you! Someone else like me!

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever (consciously) heard a piece by the Beastie Boys, though I’ve heard the name frequently. But then I haven’t listed to the radio since . . . Marconi?

Recently I’ve become addicted to electro swing. Swingrowers, Pisk, Fab Samperi, et al.

2 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

I think maybe, some of the recent Something Positive comics are for you…

6 Likes

I haven’t yet seen but one possum this year, and that was only the tail running away in the dark. I’m fascinated by them.

But I’d have a tea party or something, or perhaps a white magic ceremony. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s a running joke over at the Other Place to find ways of getting around the proscription on ■■■■■.

I don’t really understand the aversion to certain words. (Except “bleagh”. That really creeps me out.)

4 Likes

It’s not like getting around the filter is difficult. Just insert a fake HTML tag in the middle of the word (moi<haha>st), and you’re good to go. You can also use a zero-width space ( &#8203; ) somewhere in the middle of the word. There are probably other ways, but those are two that I know work. :smiling_imp:

I don’t mind the filter game too much; it’s kind of fun.

5 Likes

That also works with words like “troll” that aren’t exactly forbidden, but which will cause your post to be held up until a moderator checks it.

I also have my own secret undetectable way. :wink:

The danger is that using the word over there will conjure up @mindysan33. Fortunately that doesn’t happen here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes
8 Likes

caitlin-doughty-moist

5 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was referring to!

I’ll try not to use really? anymore.

I didn’t know that!

I wonder if it works with honestly?.

2 Likes

isn’t “disappointed” one too?

yep, when i hear “moist” i think “CAKE”! :moon_cake: :heart_eyes: